Banggood juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banggood juice

What the heck is that deliciously smelling anti-rust coating they use... I don't know if I should lick it off or wipe it off..

I don't know but the Ching-Chang parallels I got off Ebay were coated with something like rendered hog urine and wrapped in tissue paper. WD-40 took it off but I felt like I needed a shower afterword.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
      What the heck is that deliciously smelling anti-rust coating they use... I don't know if I should lick it off or wipe it off..
      I don't know but I have noticed the same. Earlier chinese tooling came with horrible grease recipe probably originating from USSR.

Lately they have changed to much better scented anti-corrosion oil. It's like tobacco mixed with some fruity aroma.

Comment

I wonder if it's poisonous. Could be a plot to kill-off all the machini

Comment

That's what I mentioned the other day about receiving a lathe tool order from them!
          I'd buy from them again just for the perfume.
          Len

Comment

Probably something with Opium in it to create tool buying addicts...
            Kansas City area

Comment

rendered hog urine
              HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
              Yes, the same smell that hits you when you walk into a Harbor Freight store.

Comment

It's probably some form of industrial waste. Disposal used to involve adding it to exported dog food, toothpaste, baby formula, etc. Now that
                those avenues of disposal have been closed off, they wipe it onto exported tools instead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
                  Yes, the same smell that hits you when you walk into a Harbor Freight store.
                  I'd imagine that HF store smells like burnt industrial rubber waste recycled too many times. Obnoxious cheap rubber smell, thats how cheapo hardware stores smell in here

Comment

I bought a Japanese chisel, mainly out of curiosity, when it arrived it smelled really nice, found out they coat with a mix of camilia oil and machine oil, it works too, I'd guess the Chinese have twigged (sad pun) and are adding scent of some sorts as opposed to actual oil, either way it smells better than some of the oils I've used.
                    Mark

Comment

We need to remember what the original use of perfume was - to cover up less desirable odors... I suspect they figured perfumed can cover the variable stages of rotting fats.

Comment

I can't wait to start buying perfumed rotting fat spray paint- I'm sure it's coming
                        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I worked in a place where I got to spray paint ceramic tiles, there was an addition of cyclohexane, smelled of pear drop sweets, nice but you'd be as high as a kite after a few hours, not good.
                          Lots of really nasty stuff smells nice, mustard gas apparently smells of fresh mown grass, cyanide smells almond,
                          Mark

Comment

I thought the HF smell was a mixture of uncured lead based paint, Chinese cosmolene with just a pinch of improperly vulcanized rubber. And they buffed the floor with the grease from the Chinese take-out, from next door.
                            jack

Comment

We used to use a thin tapping fluid, tap magic perhaps, that smelled like cinnamon. Lovely stuff, great surface finishes too.

Comment

Working...
                              X