No announcement yet.

3-in-1 sheet metal machine ~30" 16ga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent point about honing the blade. I did not do that, it did not seem required, but the thing had been used for a few years, and I figured all the burrs were gone by the time I got there. New ones may be different
    CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

The blades on shears can usually be turned four times before they need sharpening.

Brian
      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
        I see in the manual for my new 52" 16ga 3 in 1 the company makes a 40" version also. Model 1067x1.5. 1067mm x 1.5mm thickness.
        This is a different company than I got mine from but looks very similar.
        You are talking about a power shear right. Whole nuther lil animal these 3-1 machines.

I have never seen a foot shear cut over four feetx16 gauge. And even then it can be a dance. LOL.. JR

P.S. I have operated some 150t sheetmetal tooling as a "kid". Our larger sheer had to be 144" or more due to the 12 foot sheets. We would rip the twelve footers to our needs. I forget the size of the shear. It wasn't the most powerful. All sheetmetal tooling. I loved that job and learned some skills. 12hrs a day, four days. Yup, job #2 took up the remaining time. Driving a bobtail in Los Angeles.

And I also had an early one of the 3-1 .

What killed it for me was the shear. I do all my stuff here at home in 16ga. There is no way I could get it to look in the direction of the sheetmetal haha. Again, this was prolly 1995. Solly for the long P.S

Comment

No I'm not talking about a power shear

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
          You are talking about a power shear right. Whole nuther lil animal these 3-1 machines.

I have never seen a foot shear cut over four feetx16 gauge. And even then it can be a dance. LOL.. JR

P.S. I have operated some 150t sheetmetal tooling as a "kid". Our larger sheer had to be 144" or more due to the 12 foot sheets. We would rip the twelve footers to our needs. I forget the size of the shear. It wasn't the most powerful. All sheetmetal tooling. I loved that job and learned some skills. 12hrs a day, four days. Yup, job #2 took up the remaining time. Driving a bobtail in Los Angeles.

And I also had an early one of the 3-1 .

What killed it for me was the shear. I do all my stuff here at home in 16ga. There is no way I could get it to look in the direction of the sheetmetal haha. Again, this was prolly 1995. Solly for the long P.S
          I am talking about a 3in1 machine. See my thread about first impressions of it

Comment

Working...
          X