Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instead of a "newbie" area, how about a subforum specifically for PROJECT threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a new forum expressly for "lets have a new sub forum" threads in each of their differently phrased forms where people could go on and repeatedly ask and get the same sort of response without clutting up general with it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFluffy View Post
      What about a new forum expressly for "lets have a new sub forum" threads in each of their differently phrased forms where people could go on and repeatedly ask and get the same sort of response without clutting up general with it?
      Nahh... Just create one category and call it "Why no 'For Sale' Posts ...and other Never Ending Repetitious Questions."
      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

The Networking and Third Hand subforums are on life support. I hadn't looked in either of them until today. I'm not even sure why Third Hand exists, most people ask those questions in General.

I like having most posts in General, but a subforum for projects does have merit. Most posts in General start with a question, and there is quite a bit of noise. A section for projects would be different enough to justify being separate. It won't get the number of eyeballs that a post in General would get though, so people may still post in General if they are hoping to get some feedback on their project.

One possible solution is to have the project posts in General and then archive them to a Projects subforum after the project is complete. That job could be handled by another moderator, but I assume there are reasons why this forum only has one moderator.

Comment

Working...
        X