Clear All

• jr45acp
    replied
    I build 45 autos, just stake the damned thing, no worries

John B

Leave a comment:

• Michael Az
    replied
    Like meho mentions, I have always used a centerpunch and give a light stake in the lug next to the pin.
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• meho
    replied
    Roger that Pat.

I've seen some pins lightly staked to ensure they don't move.

Good luck.

James

Leave a comment:

• Pat Miles
    replied
    Meho,
    I realize the barrel should lockup on the lugs and the slidestop shaft. I am looking to get a press fit on the linkpin so it doesn't move to one side and rub on the frame.

Pat

Leave a comment:

• meho
    replied
    Pat,

How much of a problem is the pin falling out? Yes, It should be a snug fit.

The question is does the barrel lock up on the pin or the barrel lugs? It should lock up on the lugs not the pin. Check this by assembling the gun without the pin. The barrel should lock up snug in the lugs above the chamber. The pin should only facilitate the falling action of the barrel. Locking up on the pin will only cause future wearing problems with the pin and holes.

James

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    Last time I fitted a pin I used a drill and split a bolt, put a flat or emery cloth in it.

I sized it just right.. light press fit..

NOW, it may have been egged or? but it fit.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 11-11-2005).]

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Yes you can,but you need a guide of some sort,otherwise the hole will be hourglass shaped )(

Would it be possible to chuck the reamer in a small drillpress and crank it by hand?

Leave a comment:

• Pat Miles
    started a topic Just Bought A Gun

Just Bought A Gun

Had a friend almost give me a 45 ACP. He had problems with it feeding (I love a good challenge). Took it apart and found about a dozen small problems one of which was that the link pin fell out of the "feet" on the bottom of the barrel. Searching my Brownells catalog I find oversize pins(.154 & .156). The existing holes in the feet measure .1515 so I order one each of the oversize pins. The good folks at Brownells suggest reaming a half thou undersize for a press fit into the feet which is normal. I am ordering the reamers tomorrow from MSC. My question for this audience is can I use the HSS straight flute reamer by hand. I know lots of cutting fluid and rotate in the cutting direction both in and out.Thanks!

------------------
    WANNABE
Working...
X