There are solutions to kick back and spin down injuries with angle grinders
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNuEu2JUkkk
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwX_QiIwFzY

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by dave_r View Post
    "It's just a flesh wound. I can keep working."
    Actually I did because I didn't know how bad it was Then I realized the grinder was covered with blood. If you do have something like this happen don't point out to your wife that you can seen how the inside of your hand works...

Leave a comment:

• smithdoor
    replied
    Most time in my ever few years most with wire wheel in some would take out the zipper on their pants. Most time it would remove hair too. This was using 7" [178mm] grinder. Later I switch to 4" [102mm] grinder little slower working but this did happen any more. Also I had warring if any remove the guard they where looking for new job

Dave
    Last edited by smithdoor; 10-30-2017, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daveb
    replied
    FIL was planing some timber, timber flipped up and struck his face, lot of blood. MIL came to see what was going on, he told her not to look because he'd knocked his eye out and could feel it hanging down on his cheek. She looked anyway, turned out he had a small cut over his eye and a curled shaving stuck to his cheek.

Leave a comment:

• dave_r
    replied
    "It's just a flesh wound. I can keep working."

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Mike
    replied
    A couple of years ago I had a 4-1/2 inch angle grinder with a cut off wheel kick and come back and try to remove my left thumb. Could just as easily slit my wrist. Luckily it did a poor job on my thumb but I spent the evening in the ER getting it stitched up. Funny thing is it really didn't hurt until the doc started cleaning it with some sort of medical grade scrubby pad and antiseptic, and picking out the grit with some forceps. Never shortcut your safety.

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    I bounced a 7" body sander, pad up, into my face a few years ago. I was kneeling down grinding the bottom edge of car when it bumped one of the body/frame jig bolts. It broke the backer pad and flung the sander back at me. It happened so fast and hurt so much I thought I lost an eye and half my face. After a minute of standing bent over watching the blood drip on the floor, I worked up enough nerve to open my left eye and feel my face. The broken backing pad/sanding disk cut my chin up to my lip, abraded the side of my nose, eyebrow and cheek. I grabbed a clean shop towel and pressed it against my chin and headed for the house. I was lucky. I should have had stiches in my chin but it was a holiday weekend so I washed the laceration out then applied New-Skin and two Band-Aids to hold it closed. It healed up very well with a barely visible scare. I kept the backer pad. It's hanging on a nail right under the "Eye protection required" sign.

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    May have broken a wheel? I remember several years ago a guy got his leg or foot caught while running a dozer by a log I think & ended up cutting it off clamping it with his belt & crawling a mile or two to his truck. I thought then I'd spend the night & see if someone came for me.

Leave a comment:

• tlfamm
    started a topic Mishap with angle (?) grinder

Mishap with angle (?) grinder

Utah man suffers nasty injury with some type of grinder:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/2...livering-mail/
Working...
X