OT: Thunderbird Date Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Thunderbird Date Display

My old e-mail program will no longer work with my provider so I had to move on. I am trying Thunderbird and it seems to be OK. But a strange (to me) thing is happening. A bunch of e-mails at the top of the IN box do not show their dates, just the times. Is this normal for Thunderbird or is it some kind of problem? And if it is not normal, how do I correct it?

I guess I could just wait for tomorrow to see if the dates appear, but I am curious. Anybody know?
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

It's normal. Today's emails will show just the time of day, earlier ones show date/time.

-js
    There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

I have just started using Thunderbird too.
      It was because I did not like Comcast's recent move to office365.

As Jim mentioned, today's emails show just the time , and yesterday's and before show the full date

Comment

Well, it only took me three days of using it to suspect that. You would think they would warn a person. It's a FEATURE!

Thanks for the replies.

Now all I have to do is finish importing all my mail from Eudora. Thunderbird's (V17) built in tool only got a couple of mailboxes. I am looking for a better way.
        Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
        X