Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made 25 of these little wigets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Is that because you don't know?



    Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
    Your the closest, but I still can't say what they are.
    Deburing wasn't that bad.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

    And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

    Comment


    • #32
      No, I know what they are, But there for a customer. Probably shouldn't say.
      BTW, is that picture size better?

      Sid

      Comment


      • #33

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
          Updated the chrome plug-in and works fine.
          The Firefox plugin still works (ver. 0.0.2, installed weeks ago).

          -js
          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

          Location: SF Bay Area

          Comment


          • #35
            Sid I think everyone should respect your customer confidentiality, I think most of us are just razzing you for yucks with our wild assed guesses. LOL

            We don't really need to know what it is but thanks for showing us the setup and how it was made. The rest is just fluff.
            Nice clear photos by the way. Not too many of us left on dial up, The page and photos display just fine on my old clunker Win 7, 17" shop-dog computer/monitor.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

            Location: British Columbia

            Comment


            • #36
              Thanks for showing the setup. Kinda what I imagined, but I guessed you would have cut the angle on the end when you cut those slots parallel to it. So I take it you cut that first, then indexed off it?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                Thanks for showing the setup. Kinda what I imagined, but I guessed you would have cut the angle on the end when you cut those slots parallel to it. So I take it you cut that first, then indexed off it?
                Yes. I made another fixture to do the initial 30* angle cut using a .020" slitting saw on a small cutoff saw that I have. Once the angle was established, I fixtured every other operation off of that.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                  Yes. I made another fixture to do the initial 30* angle cut using a .020" slitting saw on a small cutoff saw that I have. Once the angle was established, I fixtured every other operation off of that.
                  Double length stock, so when you cut it you got 2 birds stoned at once?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Daveb View Post
                    Rectal whistles?
                    oh my gosh I'm so glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I read that


                    lovely widgets Sid, must have taken a lot of work to do all those features manually 25 times and have them come out as you wanted them. Nice job!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                      oh my gosh I'm so glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I read that


                      lovely widgets Sid, must have taken a lot of work to do all those features manually 25 times and have them come out as you wanted them. Nice job!
                      I have a CNC mill. Sorry!
                      But still took some time.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Insert for a silencer?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          pfff...they've used those for years up in Vermont.
                          Those are air-cooled sap spigots!
                          Sugaring season has been getting warmer and the sap flows so hard it starts to boil off right in the bucket.
                          Plus, for guys who tap hundreds of trees and don't run sap lines these are lighter to carry around.

                          S'truth!
                          Len

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Daveb View Post
                            Rectal whistles?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Microphone part. LOL Very clean work Sid... JR

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X