Machine shop auction buy --- and a MYSTERY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    You did realize those sorts of belt laces are used for conveyors also........... yes?
    Yes...And I have ordered flat belts off of Ebay for my antique Bench Drill Press and South Bend lathe. That said...I was just throwing out a guess since that box does not look like a recent buy and the machine shop had been there for years.
    I'm sure he could list those on Ebay and they will be snatched up as long as he prices them well under what McMaster is asking for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim9lives View Post
      Yes...And I have ordered flat belts off of Ebay for my antique Bench Drill Press and South Bend lathe. That said...I was just throwing out a guess since that box does not look like a recent buy and the machine shop had been there for years.
      I'm sure he could list those on Ebay and they will be snatched up as long as he prices them well under what McMaster is asking for them.
      A number of people have said that they could use them. I'd be happy to give a clip away to anybody who needs one. Unfortunately, you need the tool and it's HEAVY. It would probably cost $7 to $10 each way to ship the tool to them and back to me... Also, there would be one guy who would just keep forgetting to send it back.

The tools aren't rare and the neither are the clips. You can find them on eBay and they aren't all that expensive.

Maybe I should reconvert the Battle Shaper to flat belt drive... That added little bit of excitement when the tool power source can easily catch you and rip off an arm...

P.S. The Battle Shaper is finished. The remodeling of that corner of the shop is finished. Now I have to drill the holes in the floor and then move it's 3 ton butt over the holes. Pictures are upcoming. The Battle Shaper LIVES !!!!

Comment

• Do you really need more danger from the Battle Shaper? Doesn't it already have a motor that tempts you to stick your fingers where they shouldn't be?

Comment

Working...
        X