No announcement yet.

OT: Blew out both lungs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap down the road from us still drives one daily. Coincidentally, I have a 24"x36" surface table in the shed that came out of their engine shop when it was closed.

Note the benefits of a GRP body. Even the fat mornon Clarkson could barely scratch the gel coat...
    Last edited by Mark Rand; 11-08-2017, 06:20 PM.
    Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

They had a good thing going with that show. Clarkson just didn't know when to stop. It's a real shame that May and Hammond went with him. I wonder how their new show is doing? I haven't heard anything about it, and after such a long time without Top Gear, the thrill is gone. I don't want to pay extra to see what they are up to. The lack of any buzz about the new show tells me I'm not the only one who feels that way. Just a real shame. My 70 year old mother, who is not into cars at all, loved watching Top Gear.

Comment

Originally posted by David Powell View Post
        This was just a TV programme, narrated by an obvious moron, in which a vehicle built and developed for a specific purpose, meeting government standards, licensed for the road, was butchered to become unsafe, driven in a deliberately unsafe manner and then mocked. This is an insult to all those users who bought them as a step up from a motorbike and sidecar. Would those who mock this think it funny if their machine tools had their gibs loosened, their main bearing caps undone and then had the results of their work criticised because they were below an acceptable standard? Some things are funny. This just strikes me as insulting, Regards David Powell.

I agree. I don't even think it was that funny, really. Although I'm not a watcher of that show, maybe it's an acquired taste? And even though I know it's intended as a joke, it reminds me of a TV "news" program called Dateline (here in the states) back in the 90's that accused GM of building exploding pick up trucks. The ultimate fake news report...

https://youtu.be/KtpMzGN9uWc

Comment

Originally posted by Lee in Texas View Post
          They had a good thing going with that show. Clarkson just didn't know when to stop. It's a real shame that May and Hammond went with him. I wonder how their new show is doing? I haven't heard anything about it, and after such a long time without Top Gear, the thrill is gone. I don't want to pay extra to see what they are up to. The lack of any buzz about the new show tells me I'm not the only one who feels that way. Just a real shame. My 70 year old mother, who is not into cars at all, loved watching Top Gear.
          The last episode from the 1st season of their new show "The Grand Tour" aired in February of this year. The 2nd season premier starts in December. The Grand Tour is available to everyone who has Amazon Prime. It's even better than Top Gear with a bigger budget. Can't wait for the 2nd season premier.

Comment

Ah,come on, it was intended to be funny. And it is.

This was just a TV programme, narrated by an obvious moron, in which a vehicle built and developed for a specific purpose, meeting government standards, licensed for the road, was butchered to become unsafe, driven in a deliberately unsafe manner and then mocked. This is an insult to all those users who bought them as a step up from a motorbike and sidecar. Would those who mock this think it funny if their machine tools had their gibs loosened, their main bearing caps undone and then had the results of their work criticised because they were below an acceptable standard ? Some things are funny. This just strikes me as insulting, Regards David Powell.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee in Texas View Post
              The new version is a big yawn. The only good thing they had is Sabine Schmidt, but to be honest I'm not sure if I enjoyed watching her because she was fun to watch or if there were, um, "other factors".

Amazon has classic Top Gear on Prime as well. So if you want to see black Stig or James May's first episode, it's on there.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                Watch from beginning to end..... If you don't blow out a lung laughing then you must not be human.

"My god sir, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm getting used to it now -- thanks"

First viewing:
                Heh.
                Second view:
                Yawn.
                Third:
                Zzzzzz

But I am not a complete idiot. I now have some pieces missing.
                Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Reliant Robin racing:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGULcLUr0I4

Comment

Did anyone give a thought about the pride the men and women who designed, built , serviced and enjoyed these vehicles had in them. Suppose someone denigrated your products on Television after damaging them and making them seem dangerous, how would you feel about that?
                    I think they should be quite used to that given the reputation of British auto industry during -70/80's

(Had a Morris Marina loong time ago..)

Comment

"Oh yes, that's comfortable.." Baaaaaaaha

Comment

"Damn, the minimum delivery here is 2 litres"

Comment

The Morgan way seems more elegant, with the 2 wheels at the front
                          and the weight of the thin twin motor in front of the axle.

https://app.box.com/s/p5nia83gee7efw0havw3
                          (taken at Henry Ford Motor Muster in 2013)

Comment

Working...
                          X