No announcement yet.

Free Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just keeps getting better. I've nearly completed the garage remodel and I started cleaning up the lathe (lots of caked on grease). Pulled the 3-jaw chuck out and put it on to check it out. First, I noticed it had removable top jaws. Then I noticed four numbered socket head screws around the periphery. IT'S A BUCK TRU-ADJUST! I must have been VERY good this year!
    It's all mind over matter.
    If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

YOU WIN THE I SUCK AWARD FOR 2017! Congrats, I thought I did well buying 32 working machines(the whole shop) plus a back room full of spares & other machines torn down for rebuild or painting all for $1500 but FREE is my favorite 4 letter word. Again Congtats on You Suck of the Year 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
        Yeah, yeah, I've heard that before.

Nice score thanks to Fred, pretty decent of him to keep you in mind.
        Have fun!
        That what I tell The Missus when she finds me looking at Surface Grinders on CL...

"I know we can't afford one dear, but I'm just casually looking."

Meanwhile I'm stashing another fiver in the desk drawer every few week ...

Comment

Your the best ccw ken, Reminds me of a story about my Grandma she was left with 3 children all young as her husband went off with another woman,
          she was stuck in a one room apartment. Eventually she saved up and got a set of keys from a private renter landlord ,when she finished work she took all her belongings in an old pram across town several journeys, and when she saw the property she broke down crying. The windows were all broken and alcoholics had been living there she was eventually helped by some good men and their wives who patched up the windows and sorted the place out. She said one of the rooms had a load of human excrement in it, she had to work fast as it was getting dark and she had to be at work the next day pushing heavy lumps of metal through a saw. She had to do a mans job then as she needed to build up the stamps for her pension as she was a single parent back in the thirties. The council eventually came round and fitted new windows. The Poor old soul had a very hard life and yet she was a beautiful and kind person. Good luck to you brother. Al
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Didn't Mr Whoopee work with and educate the ICE MAN ? LOL Alistair
            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
              Didn't Mr Whoopee work with and educate the ICE MAN ? LOL Alistair
              Tennessee Tuxedo & Chumley.
              It's all mind over matter.
              If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhoopee View Post
                Tennessee Tuxedo & Chumley.
                That's a relief, I thought it might be your screen name when you performed in films of an adult nature.

Comment

Working...
                X