Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT:ish Different kind of shopping and sightseeing in Thailand (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm worried about that. Have to get a green card first though

Have to disagree about teabags though, my most valuable British import is marmite

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
      Yeah I'm worried about that. Have to get a green card first though

Have to disagree about teabags though, my most valuable British import is marmite
      Fully understand. My lad loves Marmite too. Americans wouldn't get it, and if they did - they wouldn't understand.... (post war poverty)....

Comment

Originally posted by thaiguzzi View Post
        You're in for a shock! And a culture shock. Longest I went without going back was 6 years and it was (culture) shocking.
        I forgot in my above post one of THE MOST IMPORTANT re-supplies, being by the Grace of God an Englishman; teabags!
        For me it would be rye bread. I can get German imitation from Foodland chain in Thailand but its not the same same..

Marmite should be easier to find in Thailand in case someone feels the need

Decent bread and good cheeses are a lot easier to find in Thailand nowadays than 13 years ago.
        In Siam Paragon, Foodland and Carrefour you just VERY thick wallet

Comment

I get Marmite and Vegemite, and a host of other "supplies" (like RJ's Licorice Twists) on Amazon!

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
            and Vegemite, ...... on Amazon!
            Thanks for the tip, just ordered a 2 pack!

Comment

Those Mattij photos remind me of downtown Acapulco not quite so hi tech there of course but recycling was very much the order of the day. Old washing machines and all manner of workable items taken down to the last small piece I even saw old loudspeakers taken carefully apart to their shells magnets removed etc as well as old coffee and kettles spare parts. I remember when I was young there seemed to be a market for that here then labour costs become too high and we ended up disposing of electric irons chuck away as they also became cheaper to buy. I recon you could now buy an electric kettle for not much more today than it would have been in the sixties. Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
                For me it would be rye bread. I can get German imitation from Foodland chain in Thailand but its not the same same..

Marmite should be easier to find in Thailand in case someone feels the need

Decent bread and good cheeses are a lot easier to find in Thailand nowadays than 13 years ago.
                In Siam Paragon, Foodland and Carrefour you just VERY thick wallet
                A VERY VERY VERY thick wallet. Yes, cheese is here, i'm not prepared to pay the ridiculous prices.

Comment

Originally posted by thaiguzzi View Post
                  A VERY VERY VERY thick wallet. Yes, cheese is here, i'm not prepared to pay the ridiculous prices.
                  Maybe your shop should be producing cheese, not chips?

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                    Maybe your shop should be producing cheese, not chips?
                    Damn fine idea!

Comment

Working...
                    X