Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT How many Home Shop Machinist does it take to change a light bulb on the HSM forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoarder!

Comment

3 Phase Light Bulb? No problem. Many households have them I'm sure. My late mother was a great
      user of them. Course we called them 3-ways, but 3 phase use is entirely possible none the less.
      Think about it.
      RichD, Canton, GA

Comment

When I was a kid, light bulbs weren't invented yet. Had to manipulate our bone slide rules by candlelight.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
          It does not matter how many, because the bulb won't light up after June 30 2018.

The voltage in the US is being changed from US volts to metric volts as of that date, and you have to go out and buy all new bulbs if you want lights after June 30.
          That date isn't very metric-y. We should have changed on 10/10/10.

I bet we're going to 100V at 100 hz, which will make Michael Jackson's voice sound funny when you play an old record.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdropper View Post
            That date isn't very metric-y. We should have changed on 10/10/10.

I bet we're going to 100V at 100 hz, which will make Michael Jackson's voice sound funny when you play an old record.
            That's because it is pre the change. See post 26.

It would be against procedures to change early, and you know, we are ISO 9xxx here, so we have to follow them. You could get the procedure changed. maybe, but it would not matter because there is an obligatory 12 month (old months) delay in any procedure change. And it would be against procedures to change retroactively. after that, although you COULD maybe get that procedure changed, but.......
            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Light bulbs bah!. Real men use heavy bulbs.
              I guess all the readers of this forum are male as nobody has put forward the feminist point of view. The bulb>socket interface is clearly a sexist male invention designed to reinforce the domination of the illumination industry by men intent on using their electrical power to exploit women.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                Light bulbs bah!. Real men use heavy bulbs.
                I guess all the readers of this forum are male as nobody has put forward the feminist point of view. The bulb>socket interface is clearly a sexist male invention designed to reinforce the domination of the illumination industry by men intent on using their electrical power to exploit women.
                Clearly the right thing to do in these times would be to redesign the bulb/socket interface to be more androgynous. We should give the light bulb a choice whether it actually wants to be a light bulb or not. Who knows, some light bulbs might be born as different appliances, stuck in a light bulb form. Who are we to force a life of illumination on a bulb, that actually identifies as microwave, or refrigerator.

Comment

We haven't heard from the feminists yet because of the current gender choice of the interface. Image the upheaval when a female socketed light bulb is discarded after years of use and replaced by a younger model.
                  Last edited by ikdor; 11-12-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Enough!
                    Enough!
                    That's it, I am leaving forever!
                    Bill
                    I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

Originally posted by Seastar View Post
                      Enough!
                      Enough!
                      Bill
                      Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                        Originally posted by Seastar View Post
                        Enough!
                        Enough!
                        Bill
                        Me too!
                        Ha ha, amateurs. I never even arrived.

Comment

Great posting flylo, ans so true! Lol

Comment

you forget the 2 who've never changed a light bulb and the 6 who've done it once chirping away on exactly how you should do it because they are right.

Then there are the 15 who start talking about what is for dinner
                            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

You guys are all behind the times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRCvLtnYMY
                              "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                                you forget the 2 who've never changed a light bulb and the 6 who've done it once chirping away on exactly how you should do it because they are right.

Then there are the 15 who start talking about what is for dinner
                                And the 50 others nattering on about the ones who posted before them.......
                                CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
                                X