Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT How many Home Shop Machinist does it take to change a light bulb on the HSM forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This entire thing is on the wrong forum, it belongs on the PM.

Comment

Is it a Metric E26 threaded bulb or 1 1/64" imperial bulb?

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        And the 50 others nattering on about the ones who posted before them.......
        and the three that didn't read the thread and posted anyhow, and three more that only read what those three posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
          What, no one who claims he makes his own light bulbs and how much better they are?
          Funny you should ask. I am building an 1895 dynamo and need 1895 bulbs to match it. The originals were 12 volt, 5 candle power. Modern bulbs are designed to work on watts or lumens and obviously won't work correctly on the 1895 electricity. I haven't yet found any so I may have to make my own.

George

Comment

Well, I found you an 1895 bulb, but I suspect there has been some spec drift since then.

I can suggest bulbs back to 1819, but again, too much spec drift.

http://www.bulbs.com/product/1895B2
            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

What about the guys who reply at the very end of a thread, stating stuff thats already been hashed over and over to death again? Completely missing the OP's intent and completely missing the pre-conditions?
              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

This thread is just like an Amazon product question thread.

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
                  What about the guys who reply at the very end of a thread, stating stuff thats already been hashed over and over to death again? Completely missing the OP's intent and completely missing the pre-conditions?
                  see post #48; you're number 1

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                    Well, I found you an 1895 bulb, but I suspect there has been some spec drift since then.

I can suggest bulbs back to 1819, but again, too much spec drift.

http://www.bulbs.com/product/1895B2
                    Hmmm... I suspect some sort of scam. They're advertising bulbs back as far as 1156, when you could only get electricity by rubbing amber on cats' fur.

http://www.bulbs.com/product/1156B2

George

Comment

What an enlightening thread!
                      I cut it off twice; it's still too short
                      Oregon, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                        Clearly the right thing to do in these times would be to redesign the bulb/socket interface to be more androgynous. We should give the light bulb a choice whether it actually wants to be a light bulb or not. Who knows, some light bulbs might be born as different appliances, stuck in a light bulb form. Who are we to force a life of illumination on a bulb, that actually identifies as microwave, or refrigerator.
                        I realize the light bulb may or may not exert a life force, or soul. The life force in the bulb is actually capable of being all those things, it's just in this particular incarnation it has been given the form of a light bulb. It is beholden upon the bulb to live its life in such a manner so it can be reborn as a higher life form like a microwave or refrigerator. If it lives a poor life, it may come back as a CFL in an Easy-Bake oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdropper View Post
                          Does anyone have a picture of a three phase light bulb?
                          3 Phase Light Bulb in the office....

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                            3 Phase Light Bulb in the office....

OK, no one wants to see that.

Comment

Those HSM's should take a cue from the folks at a Livermore, California fire station ...put one in that'll last 116 years of continuous use.
                              https://www.google.com/search?q=cali...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Problem solved!
                              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by RichR View Post
                                OK, no one wants to see that.
                                This is much better. Little 3 Phase Light Bulb office helper.

Comment

Working...
                                X