No announcement yet.

Sometimes the simplest, easiest trick can be really useful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a bunch of the charts on cards and hang-up sheets in likely places. Who wants to remember all that stuff, and maybe remember wrong and mess up a workpiece?

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
    Rational, yes, but not an integer. At a glance, telling if 9/64 is more or less than 5/32 isn't easy for lots of folks. Determining that 9 is less than 10 is easy.
    It was a joke, son......
    CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

No need to download Marv's chart, I have that on a handy Starrett pocket size decimal equivalents and tap drill sizes chart. It also uses separate columns to differentiate between 64s, 32s & 16s.

It is available as a wall chart for a nominal fee, and, as far as I know, the pocket size is still available for free from Starrett.
      Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        It was a joke, son......
        Thanks for pointing that out. I have a lot of difficulty associating humor with you, pop.
        Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
        http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Doesn't everybody have a vernier caliper with all the 1/64 sizes on the backside with decimal conversion?
          One little book I had had the handsets conversion chart and list in it. It as the SKF tap guidebooks pocket size. There is also one for drills. I starts around zero, goes up to 1/2 inch, listing fractional metric, letters number sizes.
          I pretty much wore that book out, used it thousands of times..really great info..

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
            Thanks for pointing that out. I have a lot of difficulty associating humor with you, pop.
            That is gonna depend on whether you classify really bad puns with humor...... as in this case.
            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Bob,

Great idea, I too have one of those Craftsman drill indexes and find it hard to see the sizes so I'm going to borrow your idea. Thanks for the tip and have a good day.

Ron

Comment

It's times like this I'm glad I bought the large format printer. I've got a few copies of the Starrett chart linked below printed on 11x17 to make the numbers nice and readable for old guy eyes. Having all the major 1/16 sizes in red really helps "landmark" the spots to find those sizes. It's got all the sizes at a glance as well as tap drill information for the common sizes ready at hand

https://www.brokenbolt.com/images/st...-tap-drill.pdf

On the other hand I think this two part version would print up neatly on two pages of legal size paper.

http://www.starrett.com/docs/educati...letin-1317.pdf
                Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

If you located up north,Busy Bee Tools has charts that are 17"x24" that are FREE,glossy finish for dirty fingers.I usually grab a couple when ever purchase something there,I have sent some to a few members of this forum south of the border.

Comment

I still have mine and use it all the time, thanks, Mark. Any new tool steals, oops, I mean deals?
                    mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Originally posted by Mcostello View Post
                      I still have mine and use it all the time, thanks, Mark. Any new tool steals, oops, I mean deals?
                      The large script on left side easy to read,Reglus Drill Jig only purchase this year amazing tool!!No AUCTION BUNDLES hope I stay away from AUCTIONS shop getting full lol!Have to get back in shop mode after a very wet Brutal Harvest

Comment

Working...
                      X