No announcement yet.

FireFox Help Please.....OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got updated too. All my bookmarks had disappeared, and that brought on a serious increase in blood pressure. I found them again more or less by accident.
    Clicked on the leaning books icon in the top right. Clicked on "Bookmarking Tools". Clicked on "Add Bookmarks Menu to Toolbar". A new icon appeared (a star above a line) next to the leaning books one, and clicking on that brought up my old list of bookmarks.
    Bloody computers...

Comment

Mike,

Did you retain all your saved passwords and search words.?? I think they are called forms or auto complete. Like ebay search words.

JL......................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
        Mike,

Did you retain all your saved passwords and search words.?? I think they are called forms or auto complete. Like ebay search words.

JL......................
        That's one thing, my passwords and so forth were retained. Once I got into my old "recent places" drop-down I found that out. But I had to enable the drop-down, it seemed to be off by default.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

I couldn't find my passwords or saved search forms after the update. I guess I just got lucky when I copied over parts of my old profile folder from what I saved to my server last year.
          This was the only update that has caused any problems.
          The other thing is every time I would add something to the menu bar or tool bar like the bookmarks button, download button etc. They would keep disappearing. Since I've gone back to the previous version all seems to be normal again. I'm staying with this version. Going from v56 to v57 was like going from Win 7 to Win 10. I went back to 7 also.
          I have a computer for the simple reason to get stuff done, not to play guessing games for weeks with new programs.

JL..................

Comment

Assuming you're working with a PC here is another place bookmarks are kept

1 go to MY computer
            2 open drive
            3 find the user folder
            4 open folder
            5 see Favorites folder.. book marks there

All out of ideas form here.

Regards,
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
              Mike,

JL......................
              Hi Joe,
              Not sure about "all", but those that I have so far tried have mostly worked.
              Cheers,
              Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by pepi View Post
                Assuming you're working with a PC here is another place bookmarks are kept

1 go to MY computer
                2 open drive
                3 find the user folder
                4 open folder
                5 see Favorites folder.. book marks there

All out of ideas form here.

Regards,
                Greg
                Yes. I'm working with a PC. But one of the big issues I found is you can't just copy stuff from anywhere or any folder and try to paste it into the profile folder. I tried that and it seems that there is a difference in formatting or something where it's not recognized.

JL.................

Comment

Firefox keeps all the bookmarks and settings here: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
                  Same place for 7 and 10, so would assume it's the same with 8 and Vista.

About once a month I zip up my profile and email it to myself. (a few other folders/files as well) Hotmail and Gmail both provide 15 gigs of storage so may as well use it

Comment

Working...
                  X