Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alanganes
    replied
    I've never used one of those but have a friend who got one a while back. His description of how well it works matches yours, says it's almost "brain dead simple" to get a good grind with it. At under 20 bucks, that's a pretty high grade gloat, I'd think. Nice catch!

Leave a comment:

• metalmagpie
    replied
    Don't know that machine, can you split points with it?

metalmagpie

Leave a comment:

• mikem
    replied
    They are a really nicely engineered machine. The chuck is self-centering for any bit up to 13/16 and you grind one side of the cutting edge and flip it over to grind the other and they match within .001" It takes about a minute or so each. Not much skill or artistry required. I have sharpened a few bits and they look really good. Even with having to buy a new chuck ($200), the one on eBay is a good value at $86.39 plus shipping! I am tempted and I already have one!

Leave a comment:

• Illinoyance
    replied
    You definitely suck.

Leave a comment:

• BCRider
    replied
    Yes, that qualifies quite easily. Consider me well and truly gloated

Oh, sorry, almost forgot..... YOU SUCK ! ! ! !

... .Better?

Leave a comment:

• 01-7700
    replied
    Originally posted by mikem View Post
    https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.H...=0&w=236&h=158

Mine is similar to the link above.

Got a drill bit sharpener at an auction last Sunday for $17.50. No one seemed interested in it or knew what it was. I just thought it looked so cool and for the price I had to have it. The chuck was just laying next to it and it is lucky that it didn't get misplaced. It is an SRD-76M and the new model is about $1100. This one works great and I am thrilled. Had they done a better job of describing it, I am sure that it would have brought more money.

There is one on eBay now for $87 but without the aluminum chuck which is $200 to replace!

Does qualify as a tool gloat?
    I will allow it. Gloat away.

Leave a comment:

• mikem
    started a topic tool gloat?

tool gloat?

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.H...=0&w=236&h=158

Mine is similar to the link above.

Got a drill bit sharpener at an auction last Sunday for $17.50. No one seemed interested in it or knew what it was. I just thought it looked so cool and for the price I had to have it. The chuck was just laying next to it and it is lucky that it didn't get misplaced. It is an SRD-76M and the new model is about $1100. This one works great and I am thrilled. Had they done a better job of describing it, I am sure that it would have brought more money.

There is one on eBay now for $87 but without the aluminum chuck which is $200 to replace!

Does qualify as a tool gloat?
Working...
X