Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT, sort of... That "PB fix" deal again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
    My Firefox shows the odometer, but Chrome with Photobucket Embedded Image Fix extension works flawlessly. And if you have time, you can use Chrome to Save each page (as a Page, Complete type). It will keep the actual images (vs.links) on your drive for offline use. Do it before PB introduces yet another barrier.
    Told you guys it did. Works just like before & if they kill it someone will write a new fix.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
      I'm sure their team doesn't know it either.

Ever noticed that the latest FF version all too frequently requires repeated reloading when you open a link in a separate tab?
      The Mozilla folks have nothing to do with the fix, it is not a "part of" Firefox.

This may be a good thing, since the new FF has gone from being probably faster to being really a dog sometimes, despite being touted as faster. Collaborative software development seems to be failing left and right. Plus they inserted their own make-do PDF reader that does not work well, and disabled nearly everything else but "Flash". The new FF may have fouled up the "fix".
      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        OK, Tiffie.....

Nobody is using it, nobody is "dwelling", the issue is basically rescuing pics and threads that deserve to be preserved.

Please do have a nice day!
        Hahaaa! Sorry. I didnt mean for it to come across as Tippyfied.

I was actually just trying to help and share my way of keeping article from the web that may not be around later.

I am not trying to poopoo on yer post. My literary skills suck at best. Ninth grade, thats all I have.

I do like the picture hosting service HSM gives us. I appreciate that and use it now. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
          Hahaaa! Sorry. I didnt mean for it to come across as Tippyfied.

OK, the "Tiffie" thing might have been kinda "cold".... Sorry.... Yeah, I sorta misinterpreted what you wrote. You do fine, I just came at it wrong, I guess.

Yeah, it's a little more safe on the forum hosting, but George has commented that the IT folks complain about the space taken up by photos, and that might mean even they are in danger. It would suck if the IT folks got the go-ahead to ditch old pics, or even old threads.

It now looks as if the problem over on PM may be partly fixed, in that a guy says he has managed to get the pics out of the posts, and has them saved. Now the threads need to be open to editing so that new URLs for the pics can be put in to replace the PB links. I dunno if there is picture hosting over there.

The whole thing is just another thing that is messed up about the Internet....it is not even as permanent as a book is. You could re-write history and post a new version, if you could erase what you did not like, as happens in china.

I STILL have absolutely NO CLUE why the FF version of the "fix" works on some pics, and not others. Maybe PB is changing coding, and has not gotten to all of them. Dunno.
          CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
            Told you guys it did. Works just like before & if they kill it someone will write a new fix.
            Have you used it lately? I was going to download it today but the latest reviews say it does not work.
            Last edited by Dave C; 11-26-2017, 01:11 PM. Reason: added "today"
            “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

just try it. Takes seconds to load and install.

Comment

I had to delete the extension in Chrome, and reinstall to get the images back, but they all seem to appear now.
                Not seeing much news online about PB, but given the outrage witnessed last June & July, I'm surprised they are still in business.

Dan L
                Salem, Oregon

Comment

They are probably just waiting until all the "suckers" send in their $300 extortion payments, pay themselves bonuses, and then declare bankruptcy and shut down. Maybe by the end of the year, or their fiscal year which might have been when they implemented this scam in mid-summer. If you don't have local copies of your images, get 'em back while you still can!
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Working...
                  X