Shars slow shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shars slow shipping

Took advantage of the Shars black Friday 20% off sale last Friday thinking (hoping) it would ship on Monday.
    Just checked and it hasn't shipped yet, guess they were a bit overwhelmed with orders.

My last order (off Ebay last month) was shipped right away but what I got was not what I ordered. They were shipping HSS tool bits as parallels. I could have sent them back and got a refund but decided to keep them since I could use them on the lathe. (Besides, I didn't have any padded envelopes.) The last time I checked, they were still being listed as "precision parallels". They were nether precision nor parallel--They were large tool bits.

Comment

I've ordered from them a few times recently via ebay.. fast shipping, good communication, nice items. Stuff happens.. carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by BobinOK View Post
        Took advantage of the Shars black Friday 20% off sale last Friday thinking (hoping) it would ship on Monday.
        Just checked and it hasn't shipped yet, guess they were a bit overwhelmed with orders.
        I had just the opposite experience. I ordered Monday and it arrived Tuesday. Everything was as ordered and in good shape. One note when ordering from their e Bay website (Discount Machine). If you pick the "standard" shipping in my case it has a guaranteed delivery date of 4 days after the order is confirmed. When tracking it through the FedEx website I see it arrived at our local depot the day after it was shipped. However the order will sit there for 3 additional days until the "guaranteed delivery date" is reached. The first time I thought it was an anomaly. When it happened a second time I realized since it was not listed as a priority shipment the standard policy is to deliver it by the guaranteed date, and not before.

I had a similar experience with a vendor from California that used a FedEx/USPS "partnered delivery". The package arrived at the local depot from the west coast in 2 days. It was then handed off to the Post Office which promptly sent it to Michigan. It took another 4 days for it to wind it's way back and eventually be delivered.

Comment

Well I lied, I think.. After drilling down through the links for my order everything on it was marked as shipped even though the order summery page still says "processing". Looks like maybe the shipping info didn't make it to the web site. Was trying to find a tracking number so I could tell when it would get here. Normally the summery page will show a tracking link when the order ships. Weird...

Comment

I had a problem with Shars quite some time ago with a live centre I received from them. It had a bad bearing and thus put a very poor finish on the part, also noisy. I called them and, being from Canada, asked how best to handle this. The return freight costs would be as much or more than the part itself. Sadly, this was their only suggestion that it be returned. Needless to say I was very disappointed with their way of handling this, I was hoping for a credit of some sort to try to appease me.
            In the end I took it apart and replaced the bearing at my own expense and have refrained from ordering from them unless absolutely necessary.
            It looks like these big companies get away with a lot of shoddy parts &/or service due to our good natures. As pointed out, it's just not worth the hassle.

Comment

Nope didn't lie.. Just received an email, order shipped today...

Comment

They're just across the park from us.When the weather is good I walk there. I picked up an order today-12 5/16-18 taps-there is usually two or three people in the shipping deprtment.Today they were seven.

Comment

Working...
                X