X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- How not to use a gun

http://www.screencast.com/t/7dmzNAWfiZ
    A short video on firearm safety.
    Last edited by metalfixer; 12-03-2017, 10:55 AM.

When I use that link, I get a video window that doesn't do anything. Just me?

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
      Same here. Probably need to "Sign In" to see it.

Comment

Just plain scary, The time has come, im all for a revised addition to the second amendment that includes the words "all proven sane" people have the right to keep and bear arms...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
          Just plain scary, The time has come, im all for a revised addition to the second amendment that includes the words "all proven sane" people have the right to keep and bear arms...
          Sounds a little like a suspected criminal being proven innocent as opposed to being proven guilty?

Dan L
          “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” (Problems of War and Strategy, Nov 6 1938, published in “Selected Works of Mao Zedong,” 1965)

Comment

You could look at it that way - or just use deductive reasoning to weed out the guilty - then all's your left with is the sane,,,

or - just bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is just A-OK...

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
              Thought the link would work, maybe this one.
              http://www.screencast.com/t/7dmzNAWfiZ

Comment

Here's the problem with "only proven sane" is the folks that judge that sanity. If Ted Nugent is the one verifying sanity then everyone short of Manson is good.
                If you have some ultra leftist gun grabber doing the judging, then the very thought of wanting to own a firearm makes you you crazy as a loon and therefore disqualified.

It's like laws against stupidity.
                What many would consider stupid, others will see as a normal practice. It's like regulating morality. Things that were considered forbiden a few years ago are now fully acceptable and paraded down main street USA.

Comment

I don't think anyone would argue against keeping them out of the hands of the insane, and in fact we can and do have guidelines on just what that is and entails --- I guess we just have a little trouble with the follow through as what good is that if you don't enforce it or keep the information away from the actual people who are selling them in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                    Darwin works silently in the back ground taking care of stupid 24/7 no need for anymore laws or revisions.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

What's the point even debating this? Nothing's going to change, no compromise is going to be reached. When you have a few words written a couple of hundred years ago dictating what happens now with only a rigid and absolute interpretation being allowed then that's it. Might as well just get used to mass shootings because they're not going to stop and they're probably just going to get worse. I'd suggest viewing them like the risk of getting killed in a car accident, as part of modern US life.

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
                        What's the point even debating this? Nothing's going to change, no compromise is going to be reached. When you have a few words written a couple of hundred years ago dictating what happens now with only a rigid and absolute interpretation being allowed then that's it. Might as well just get used to mass shootings because they're not going to stop and they're probably just going to get worse. I'd suggest viewing them like the risk of getting killed in a car accident, as part of modern US life.
                        Pointless is arguing the modality instead of the motive,which is what most people generally do.Crazy will find a way,guns or no guns,for reference see the Nice,France terror attack.In the US the mode of choice happens to be guns,although with last months bike path truck attack in NYC we are starting to see a shift.
                        If we suddenly banned guns,which would be impossible unless we became North Korea,the mode of these attacks would simply shift to another tool,but the motive would stay the same.Heck yesterday I was reading the article about that 70 year old woman who was caught cooking Ricin and experimenting by feeding it to her neighbors in the retirement community she lived in.Seems we have a problem with mental health more than a gun problem.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Two things worth noting...

First; 3 of those have been proven fake in the past. The first guy, in particular, has several videos where there is "accidental discharge". I would not be surprised if some of the others are staged too.

Second; (without spouting a political viewpoint) The second amendment was to provide a final "check and balance" in case the government becomes too oppressive. One of the first thing an oppressive government does is label any opposition as "unfit".

Third (of two) was from a conversation I had with an emigrant from the middle east recently. I groused about "why don't the Arabs revolt if the dictator/president/leader is that evil?" and he said it was virtually impossible. Citizens are not allowed to own guns. Not allowed to discuss politics. Not allowed to gather in groups unless government sanctioned. The army is well armed and loyal and act as an extended police force.

Oh. I did not realize that. It's possible that the second amendment is why we have never had a coup.
                          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                            Darwin works silently in the back ground taking care of stupid 24/7 no need for anymore laws or revisions.
                            Yeah unfortunately that's not always the case as for the most part the darwin award winners are capable of taking out the most intelligent if they choose, that's what happens when you go full on opposite of survival of the fittest and pea-brained pencil necks can then change the world as long as the pansies have enough power left in their index fingers...

Did you know it took only 25 years to reduce the average elephant tusk length by over 40% when trophy hunting was going at it's peak,,,

again that's what happens when the species absolute worst examples are in control of another species absolute finest... same thing can happen within a species itself... just perspective that's all
                            Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 12-03-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                              Pointless is arguing the modality instead of the motive,which is what most people generally do.Crazy will find a way,guns or no guns,for reference see the Nice,France terror attack.In the US the mode of choice happens to be guns,although with last months bike path truck attack in NYC we are starting to see a shift.
                              If we suddenly banned guns,which would be impossible unless we became North Korea,the mode of these attacks would simply shift to another tool,but the motive would stay the same.Heck yesterday I was reading the article about that 70 year old woman who was caught cooking Ricin and experimenting by feeding it to her neighbors in the retirement community she lived in.Seems we have a problem with mental health more than a gun problem.
                              Well sure - but lines do have to be drawn somewhere, I mean just because someone has an assault rifle with a bump stock does not give me the right to own a bazooka so I can "protect myself from him" --- anymore than personal nukes should be allowed to out-due the bazooka lunatics --- so yeah mental illness is the key issue but also so are certain means --- lets face it L.vegas isn't going to go down with a cross bow,
                              there's also many of heat of the moment issues that make it far too easy with a firearm, in comparison it's highly unlikely for someone to stab someone to death in road rage incidences --- for one all the other person would have to do is roll up their window,,,

and yeah people cling to the forefathers old idealism's like they had a crystal ball or something, keep in mind some of these guys were slave owners who would have cringed at letting their wifes out of the house to vote,,,

time marches on - some stuff is timeless and we need to preserve it - other stuff is subject to change simply by means of the masses and technology...

for the record - im actually pro-gun and it's the very reason why I bring this stuff up, sucks that a few bad apples have to ruin it for the responsible ones - such is life...
                              Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X