Heinrich Grip Master #20 or 30 anyone use them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heinrich Grip Master #20 or 30 anyone use them

Was looking at these 10" opening Vises 20 has 6" jaws, 30 has 8" could not get link on here from Heinrich.

I have a 4 x 4-1/2 and a 6 x 6. Can I be of assistance?

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
      I have a 4 x 4-1/2 and a 6 x 6. Can I be of assistance?
      These models are not the quick action style,they use acme thread for tensioning,was just curious if these larger models with 10" opening have been satisfactory.

Comment

I would assume so, but don't really know. Heinrich is a quality brand name. Mine are both Heinrich, but the quick action lever style.
        The larger one of mine can be turned on the side for tall parts, a useful feature that I use occasionally. The lever style is built on a cast iron base that I would think makes them much less prone to flexing than the screw one without the base.
        Last edited by Toolguy; 12-07-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
          I would assume so, but don't really know. Heinrich is a quality brand name. Mine are both Heinrich, but the quick action lever style.
          The larger one of mine can be turned on the side for tall parts, a useful feature that I use occasionally. The lever style is built on a cast iron base that I would think makes them much less prone to flexing than the screw one without the base.
          I wondered about the shafts flexing with that length,using a 6x6 now but to small for a lot of my projects.My table is 33"x27" so 3 of those larger ones would be ideal with space between each vise bolted on a heavy steel plate.I would really like 12" opening but that size really heavy,I have a 13" Shapervise that opens to 16" but at 330 lbs a bit heavy for this use.

Comment

Working...
          X