Magnetic Scale Mounting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Scale Mounting Question

I have a year old magnetic scale set I took off my Bridgeport after it bit the dust. I have a Jet clone I am putting it on. The fellow that mounted it the first time is no longer here, so it is on me. I know I can call Dro Pros Monday for some help but thought I might find some suggestions here. My main question is does the Reader Head face drag on the Scale face ? Or is there a clearance between the 2 ? I have everything hung just not buttoned up to use yet. Thanks for any Do's or Don'ts

See attachment below. This is what I used, I shimmed the read-head off the surface of the scale with 0.25mm shim.

http://www.machine-dro.co.uk/docs/md..._techincal.pdf
    West Sussex UK

Comment

This information was untimely ripped from a UK supplier:-Allow between 4 and 40 thou clearance. Align the head within two degrees of square to the face of the scale and the direction of rotation and 40 thou of centred to the tape.

PS:- I type too slow
      Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

Thank you very much, that will get me started. My X scale is 36" long and I guess is suppose to have a small support tab, I will either have to make one or wait and get one from Dro Pros. I might even order a Dro for my lathe. My Mitutoyo Dro started messing up with the X scale so I retired it. It has been a great one. The Y scale and Monitor still good, and I can make the X scale read when off machine but it is 25 years old, so not sure what to do with it. Thank you everyone for your input. Dennis

Comment

Got it working. I checked it against the manual dials and seems to be right. I do appreciate the help from ya'll. Be safe, be warm

Comment

Originally posted by cooters View Post
            Got it working. I checked it against the manual dials and seems to be right. I do appreciate the help from ya'll. Be safe, be warm
            I'm a little late for you, but check out the "billions and billions" of videos on the the DroPro site for installing their product on all sorts of machines.

Comment

Working...
            X