my latest toy used nice condition alexander 3 pantograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my latest toy used nice condition alexander 3 pantograph

I just bought a seemingly good condition alexander pntograph engraver.I am hopeful to get it to my sons workshop tomorrow if we get a van hired okay. I wonder if anyone knows of a free website for a manual or a relatively cheap version in the uk I am struggling to think where to put it so re-organisation is needed clearly.I am excited about getting it home eventually in the new year.anytone here got such a device any maker could the tell me what to expect it is quite heaavy so I bight need to dismantle it into smaller sections we will see.Any ideas alistair not tony griffiths please thanks
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

I have one, not sure of model, it's the old one with the round column foot, I'm certain I have the manual, it's in the case case, ok sounds funny, bottom draw, lower case top draw upper case in case you didn't know where case comes from, so many puns so little time.
    I'll have a look in the shop tomorrow, I did find them online too somewhere.
    Mark
    I've got the catalouge to I think
    Mark

Comment

Deckel GK12 and GK21 User Manual download at" http://www.e-engraving.com/machines/...Pantograph.htm " the alaxander is a copy of these. 48 pages one at a time.
      Now you will need a single lip cutter grinder.
      Last edited by the professor; 12-10-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

God bless you bonny-boys did I not say you were geniuses LOL thanks alistair

Comment

There is a yahoo group for pantograph users. It covers the die sinkers as well as engravers. Did you get any collets? They are rare and it doesn't take the tapered Taylor Hobson cutters in the original spindle.

Comment

There is a reasonably good collet holder and around 5 or so collets. In fact there was a bucket half full of bits and bobs. KIndest regards bonnie lads. Alistair

Comment

I had half an eye on the Taylor Hobson that just sold on fleabay for just over £200, doesnt sound like a lot for a fully equipped machine, but I don't really need one................well actually I don't need one at all, but it was cheap, and Middlesborough is not far from me, and if I had it, I just know I would find a use for it. I can't help it, it's an illness. I can give it up any time I like, I've just got a bit of a cold at the moment. Think I'll get rehab...............................

Comment

Working...
              X