Bridgeport Parts and Outstanding Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgeport Parts and Outstanding Service

I had to locate a new power supply for my Bridgeport and after trying in vain to determine the part number, I contacted [email protected] Machine Repair (MachineryPartsDepot.com)
    I received outstanding service from this company and mailed them the following note to recognize their effort.

I have posted it below to assist anyone else who is looking for help with Bridgeport Parts.

Mr Walker CEO HW Machine Repair:

I wanted to relate directly to you my experience with your company. So often
    we hear horror stories about poor customer service, and poor tech support. I have
    a much different tale to tell.

Several weeks ago, my power supply died on my old Bridgeport and I contacted
    your Sales dept for assistance. Although I knew the model of my Bridgeport, I did
    not have a part number. The person was very polite and told me that I would need
    to speak with Jon and he was on the road that day. I left my cell number and fully
    expected either not to hear from him or at least several days would go by before I would

Within hours, Jon contacted me, was able to confirm my diagnosis and asked me to
    call in the correct part number to Sales the next morning.

I followed up in the morning, was again greeted by a very helpful person who placed
    my order quickly.

When the part arrived, I was not sure I had the correct one and I re-contacted Jon. He
    immediately responded telling me how to install the part and the machine is now
    back on line.

You are to be complimented for having outstanding personnel at your company.

I have always had good service at H & W The gals that answer the phone are very nice and know ther products good guys to deal with Ken

Comment

I recently bought a used Bridgeport and rebuilt the VS head and fixed various nits on the machine. I bought all necessary parts from H&W - excellent quality and service. Plus a good website that's easy to navigate, look up and and order the parts you need. Plus H&W personnel actually visit various machining websites (like Practical Machinist) and provides valuable advice and help for free. And they also have helpful instructional videos on youtube too. Definitely recommend H&W, top notch company for your Bridgeport needs.

Comment

I've bought from them before on Amazon or Ebay. I forget which. Always speedy delivery but the hardware is a little pricey. Whatever the traffic will bare, I guess. Not many choices in town but I appreciate them stocking the parts and their ability to get it out in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
          I've bought from them before on Amazon or Ebay. I forget which. Always speedy delivery but the hardware is a little pricey. Whatever the traffic will bare, I guess. Not many choices in town but I appreciate them stocking the parts and their ability to get it out in a hurry.
          Well. Their site does say if you find it cheaper to call them. So... Tells me they are competitive and owning a milling mach can be expensive JR
          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I used to buy a lot of hardware and special fasteners all the time for antique auto restoration. Even made some when they weren't available. By comparison, I think because it's the BP name that a premium is placed on stuff that probably came from a China supplier. I'm just saying I'm glad I could get it in a timely manner. I'm glad I didn't have to buy a $pindle.

Comment

Working...
            X