Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithy Tomato Slicer Repair Video

https://youtu.be/Ws_zx61T8TM

I used my Smithy to repair a broken leg on a tomato slicer for me daughter.

Nice repair. That combo mill /lathe looks well built and good quality. The ones we get here are real junk. Is that chinese?
    Your daughter is much prettier than you. I cant get my daughter or wife to step foot in my workshop.

Comment

That repair looks good and I probably would have approached it the similarly because I like to use my shop tools even though some things don't require such a precision fix. On the other hand I guess an eyeballing a hole with a hand drill, tapping it, and threading in bolt would do the trick too, but no fun in that as long as you have the time! You conducted a repair to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLesPatterson View Post
        That repair looks good and I probably would have approached it the similarly because I like to use my shop tools even though some things don't require such a precision fix. On the other hand I guess an eyeballing a hole with a hand drill, tapping it, and threading in bolt would do the trick too, but no fun in that as long as you have the time! You conducted a repair to be proud of.
        Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by plunger View Post
          Nice repair. That combo mill /lathe looks well built and good quality. The ones we get here are real junk. Is that chinese?
          Your daughter is much prettier than you. I cant get my daughter or wife to step foot in my workshop.
          My wife is great about coming out to visit, bringing me lunch, etc. She is a wonderful lady.

The Smithy is made is China but is very good quality considering.

Comment

Nice repair.

I used one of those death traps when I worked at McDonald's as a teenager. Everything went fine until I went to move the thing, missed the handle, and grabbed the blades. What a mess. I wonder if OSHA has outlawed the things yet?
            Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Working...
            X