OT -Any Electronic Guys Interested in Vintage Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT -Any Electronic Guys Interested in Vintage Publications

My father ran a small electronic repair shop back in the 50's and 60's. He would work on radios and TVs. My job was to take the vacuum tubes down to the local hardware store where there was a tube checker and check out the tubes. As part of his business, he had a bunch of literature which included many of the Sams Photofacts. I have 4 boxes filled with Sams Photofacts and electronic magazine from that time period. I have tried locally to see if there was any interest but couldn't find any who was interested in them. I will give them to anyone who would be willing to pay for their shipping. To me, it is such a shame to take boxes of old material to the paper recycle bin.
    Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Hi Bill,

You might send a note to the Pavek Meseum in the Twin Cities. They have a bunch of folks very interested in such things. Many there are also involved in an antique radio club.

http://pavekmuseum.org/

Robert

Comment

Photofacts from 50's to 60's are probably not worth much to anyone unless you have some for collectable sets. You would need somebody to weed thru them. Photofacts before 1964 are out of copyright and in the public domain. I would not pay postage for free unknown folders. I had a complete set from the 200's to about #2000 and ended up recycling them.
      The magazines may or may not spark somebody's interest. It depends on what you have. Maybe if you posted what magazines you have you might draw some interest...or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RTPBurnsville View Post
        Hi Bill,

You might send a note to the Pavek Meseum in the Twin Cities. They have a bunch of folks very interested in such things. Many there are also involved in an antique radio club.

http://pavekmuseum.org/

Robert
        Robert,

Thanks. I'll contact them.

Bill
        Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Working...
        X