Copper air supply system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper air supply system

I decided to add a 5-6 drop air copper air supply system to my shop. I went to Home Depot tonight and picked up 80' of 3/4" L copper for the main distribution and 50' of 1/2" L copper for the drops. Lots of elbows, couplers, 3/4" to 1/2" tees, 1/2" pipe to 1/2" NPT, lots of 3/4" unions, 1/2" unions, etc. I haven't decided on how many ball valves and drain legs yet.

I'll post some pictures when I get started.

Smart move. When you finish put a garden hose on it and flush it all out with water.

Comment

So I take it they got all your remaining mad money! And, by the way last time I did it was a section at a time on the ground. Put it up one section at a time using shark bite fittings. Made a tough job easy. Wish I would have done the whole job with them, but at $4-6 each it would got ugly fast.......... Best of luck!

Comment

Wish you'd held off a bit longer until you could see the installation I'm working on in my shop.

I finally decided that I'd do all my air lines in glass. Yep, GLASS!

Absolutely beautiful to look at.

-js
        There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post
          Wish you'd held off a bit longer until you could see the installation I'm working on in my shop.

-js
          I got to see that one?

Comment

I remodeled a building that had glass pipes for all the waste/sewer...

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
              I remodeled a building that had glass pipes for all the waste/sewer...
              That is one I don't want to see. hahahahaha

Has anyone used PEX for shop air? Sorry if I hijacked.

Comment

It was ugly...

Comment

I seem to recall glass pipes used in university laboratory buildings for drains. but not for pressure...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Stewart View Post

-js
                    Where do you buy glass pipe ?? A laboratory supply store??
                    Got to see this one.

JL........

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                      It was ugly...
                      Once the glass pipe gets dirty inside it won't look so pretty.

JL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Clarke View Post
                        So I take it they got all your remaining mad money! And, by the way last time I did it was a section at a time on the ground. Put it up one section at a time using shark bite fittings. Made a tough job easy. Wish I would have done the whole job with them, but at $4-6 each it would got ugly fast.......... Best of luck!
                        Did you use the shark bite fittings as unions? That's what I bought the unions for to build in sections and connect together with union joints. Are the shark bite fittings for copper pipe or for some type of PEX like pipe? I'm planning on soldering all connections on the copper pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                          Did you use the shark bite fittings as unions? That's what I bought the unions for to build in sections and connect together with union joints. Are the shark bite fittings for copper pipe or for some type of PEX like pipe? I'm planning on soldering all connections on the copper pipe.
                          The ones I have are for copper.
                          How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                            The ones I have are for copper.
                            Do they work on both M and L copper pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                              Where do you buy glass pipe ?? A laboratory supply store??
                              Got to see this one.

JL........
                              Also from a dairy milking parlor supplier.
                              How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X