Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to forum, short bio and link to shop picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum, short bio and link to shop picture.

I am new to this forum and very much surprised about the quality of the members’ postings, which drew me on and off to this forum like a frequent flyer. My name is Benno Klopfer and my wife Marlene and I are living in Leamington, Ontario on Lake Erie. It is Canada’s most southern point. During my “Earning the bacon days” I had an electro mechanical shop in Toronto and serviced Graphic Machinery. My shop in these days was well-equipped incl. a Brazilian 1440 Nardini Lathe and a Taiwanese “First” Mill (a Bridgeport copy). After retirement, I built a boat and made tons of stuff for the boat in my shop. When the diesel trawler was finished and an 8-year adventurous trip thru the Caribbean Islands and circling the South America continent incl. rounding Cape Horn was done, Marlene and I found a place to settle again in Leamington, close to Windsor, Ontario, across from Detroit. The boat was sold and got replaced with a travel trailer to get away from the “Great White North” during the cold season. Fixing the new homestead up, building a garage became a 2-summer project. At the same time I started slowly to build up a little mechanical hobby shop in the garage too. Last spring I got myself a little 8x16 bench top lathe and hopefully it will be complimented with a bench top mill coming springtime. My biggest handicap became the sawdust from a table saw and mitre saw doing projects for the house. With the “go ahead” from Marlene I ordered an Amish Shed in the fall 2017 and after finishing the inside I moved my shop equipment collection into the new shed and left the woodworking stuff in the garage. Marlene keeps a blog that she started to capture our RV travels but maintains also through the at home time. You can look at my new shop at the link below.
    I wish you all a Happy New Year. Best regards, Benno

http://marleneandbenno.blogspot.ca/s...a%20Man%20Cave
Working...
X