Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone elae got Firefox 57.0.3 and have troubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone elae got Firefox 57.0.3 and have troubles?

Only trouble I have had is that it fouled up the Google cookies.

I have two gmail accounts, and I have been able to get direct to them before, now google says there are cookie problems, and I have to sign in every time.

NO OTHER COOKIES ARE A PROBLEM. Just the google account cookies. They are stored, but they do not seem to work. If I clear just the google cookies, I can sign in, but I cannot get to the gmail unless I clear the google cookies. Big nuisance.

A person might start to think that was done a'purpose.....
    Last edited by J Tiers; 12-30-2017, 12:56 AM.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I don't have that problem.

At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

OK, good datapoint.

Odd thing is that the drop-down recent places list is un-disturbed, and every link on it works EXCEPT the gmail link, and that started as soon as 57.0.3 was installed. Link shows, does not work, goes to a problem page.

Nothing wrong with the accounts, when I do open them, there is no issue. But every time I have to clear google cookies first.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

I was recently updated to 57.0.3 and I have not had any more problems than usual. After awhile I have problems viewing videos on Facebook (says I need to install/update flash), or things just go slow, so I have to close/restart it every few days. I don't really use gmail, but I just tried my link in favorites and it works fine. This is all on my old and tired Win8 Dell Inspiron laptop on which I replaced the keyboard. It also sometimes stops responding to the touchpad/mouse and I have to wait a minute or two, and sometimes requires a reboot.
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I am running Firefox 52.5.0 ESR. It is stable and won't update to the new "style" for a few months according to the Mozilla folks. It was set up for businesses that need a stable version until Mozilla gets some of the bugs worked out of the versions above 55.
          CPeter
          https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...rt-release-esr
          Grantham, New Hampshire

Comment

Some browsers are allergic to peanuts.....

Comment

Some of the old extensions did not work in 57 so I had to find substitutes, but overall I like 57 enough to abandon Chromium and make FF my default browser.

Comment

I had the same problems with non-working extensions too. The other problem is I can't find the "back" button to return to the previous web page. Haven't been able to solve that one yet. Anybody have an answer on this one?

Comment

Crashes every time I attempt to print to a network printer - prints to "virtual" printer like fox it PDF printer

Comment

I am on version 58.0b13 (64-bit) on new computer and it is working fine.
                    One thing you can try is install the add-on cookie autodelete add-on and set it up to delete the google cookies.
                    At least you won't have to keep doing it. I have been using it for a while. You can set it up to keep some cookies and delete others.
                    Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Version 58?

I see no updates available..... maybe hat is a win 10 only version? V57.0.3 is less than 48 hours old on this machine......

Keep eye on ball.
                      Hashim Khan

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I just realized that was a beta version. I don't really want to be a guinea pig so have now switched to V57.0.3 like you guys.
                        We will see how it goes. Don't really know how I got there. Just switched over to a new computer and must have downloaded the beta by mistake.

Comment

OK. Makes sense.

Oddly, the correct stuff showed up before I shut down the computer, but now that I restarted because of some forgotten stuff I needed to do, the direct links disappeared again.

It DEFINITELY started with 57.0.3, and I notice that I can no longer click on the blank search bar and get recent places as suggestions. That IS, I think, still set in the options, however.

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

Comment

I had selected a blank page at startup in options and after I changed back to 57.0.3 it wasn't working.
                            Just to see, I restarted the computer and it is working now. I don't know if restart does anything different than stop and start.
                            Have a look at this it might help you. <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1197250>
                            Last edited by Cuttings; 12-30-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

To repeat myself, try the eSR version. I had four computers that were on 57 and they all had problems, especially with some of my extensions. I am hopeful that when the MSR runs out that they will have the extensions up to date and the bugs worked out.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...rt-release-esr

"I am running Firefox 52.5.0 ESR."

Peter
                              Grantham, New Hampshire

Comment

Working...
                              X