Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks with small shops and larger machines... How much space between machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with you on the bench space Jerry. I just about choked at the post above suggesting you ditch the bench in favor of a few small spots dotted around the area.
    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
      I have a Rivett 608 on about the biggest stand they made, a 10" Logan, two largish bench mills, and a 7' tall DP, plus bench and of course the usual toolboxes. etc. I do need to fit in a Glendo and preferably the small arbor press. And I want LOTS of bench space..... I want "clock" space, not "watch" space. Maybe not "tower clock" space, but......
      Not familiar with any of those machines or Clickspring's machines. You should post some pictures of them because they look like kitchen appliances in your drawings

Comment

• There were questions about wall and under bench storage

Wall 1, which will be partly covered by rollaround

Wall 2, which will be blown away but would have been over the Rivett

Under the bench (with some occupants being used elsewhere)

Under the lathe (cutters, turret, small stock, press, etc)

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
        Not familiar with any of those machines or Clickspring's machines. You should post some pictures of them because they look like kitchen appliances in your drawings
        They are bigger than many kitchen appliances. The rivett base is 56" long....think restaurant stove. the 7 x 14" lathe CS has would fit on it crosswise.
        Last edited by J Tiers; 01-10-2018, 10:06 PM.
        CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

• the "large" Lewis mill, with letter size paper for size
          Last edited by J Tiers; 01-11-2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Been messing with layout ideas, and finally came up with what may be an improvement on the prior versions. Generally uses space at least twice. A little more crowded by the bench....and in front of the tool wall. Nothing is perfect.

Comment

• I have a head for the Lewis mill or something really similar. Pay shipping and it is yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1-800miner View Post
                I have a head for the Lewis mill or something really similar. Pay shipping and it is yours.
                Any pictures? I am interested.

Comment

Working...
                X