X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starrett level vial replacement

here's a ling to my video showing how to fix a broken level
    https://youtu.be/3eYHk3LpwCY

in this video i will show you the replacement of a broken vial in my starrett 98-12 level machinist level. this is not difficult and not very expensive considering the level new is $200 . a new vial can be had on amazon
    (link below) for around $26 .

I’ll let you in on a secret, the vial itself from starett is $13 or so, but the last one I had I just sent the level vial to Starrett, $33 dollars for them to do it and ship it back.

Comment

Amazon can be handy, but they rarely have the best price. I have seen items marked up by over $100 over the OEM price. Oh, but shipping is free if you PAY for Amazon Prime. Actually it can be free, but isn't always so.

Caveat emptor!

Originally posted by akajun View Post
      I’ll let you in on a secret, the vial itself from starett is $13 or so, but the last one I had I just sent the level vial to Starrett, $33 dollars for them to do it and ship it back.
      Paul A.

Make it fit.
      You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

I have seen items marked up by over $100 over the OEM price.
        That's a rather baseless statement that could be said for any vendor. Let's see your example. Until then, the BS flag is waving.

Try to buy a Kurt vise cheaper, including shipping.
        Last edited by CCWKen; 12-31-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I think Paul is pointing out that chancers on all e-sales sites advertise things they don't have at outrageously inflated prices and simply order them drop-shipped from the actual supplier to the hapless purchaser if they hook one.
          If you benefit from the Dunning-Kruger Effect you may not even know it ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X