No announcement yet.

Building A Two Cylinder Reversing Steam Engine from Bar Stock - by Brian Rupnow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building A Two Cylinder Reversing Steam Engine from Bar Stock - by Brian Rupnow

Gentlemen

I would like to announce that Brian Rupnow's long and very well documented thread about Building A Two Cylinder Reversing Steam Engine from Bar Stock has been collated into a book and is now available online. It is 126 pages of machining delights with lots and lots of pictures, diagrams, and 26,000 words of text. There are also 50 pages of never seen before machine drawings done by Brian specifically for this project.

After the various disasters at Photobucket I began to realize that multiple copies of a single document (or in this case, two documents) are more likely to survive changes in hosting, pricing, etc., than a single BBS thread with multiple links to outside sources. After seeing all the work Brian had put into this project I didn't want it to be lost in the vagueries of the internet. I approach George Bulliss and he agreed to let us use the text from this forum, and to put up a notice here.

For the first year I will be distributing copies of the two files by email (8 MBytes each file) for $25/copy. After Jan 1 2019 the book becomes public domain under the Creative Commons License 4.0, and you will all be encouraged to give it away to everybody you know to help keep copies of the work alive.

If you are interested in a copy send me a PM or email at [email protected] and we can arrange payment.

Dan
Working...
X