Tin Foil Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin Foil Source

Here's a question I ask from time to time when the thought occurs, and since I have yet to ask it here, I thought I'd give it a shot:

Anybody out there know where I can get some REAL tin foil?

FF

http://www.frets.com
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech

Yes, try a Dental suppliers they have usually small rolls in a container the size of a small medicine tub.
    Approx. say ten feet by four inches when unrolled if in trouble email me and I will make enquiries here for you. good luck in the meantime. Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com might have it.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Hearing "voices" and want to make a hat ?

Comment

Alistair - I didn't realize that dentists use the stuff. I see from a quick dental Google that it's commonly available from dental supply houses - THANKS!

DT - No, so far the voices appear to have bodies nearby that are producing them, so I think I'm OK, at least for now. In case you're wondering, tin foil is the material of choice for conforming to delicate surfaces for molding with plaster of paris and/or other compounds. It turns out that even the thinnest aluminum foil is a bit stiff when it comes to really laying down smoothly on a super delicate surface.

Here's what I'm up to:

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luth...LTop/a4l1.html

Cheers,

FF
          Cheers,

Frank Ford
          HomeShopTech

Comment

Yes it's used mainly to block out undercut areas whan making dentures and relief chambers in upper dentures for people who have a rather bulbous area in the palate known as a Torus Palatinus. These are discarded before the appliance ever reaches the patient so it is never put into the mouth kind regards glad I could help. Alistair

Comment

Wow.
              ----------
              Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
              Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
              Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
              There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
              Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
              Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alistair Hosie:
                a rather bulbous area in the palate known as a Torus Palatinus. These are discarded before the appliance ever reaches the patient so it is never put into the mouth kind regards glad I could help. Alistair</font>
                If that's anything like a duck billed palatinus,I wouldn't want one in my mouth either.

Allan

Comment

Alan your from south of the Border you already have a duckbill palatinus awfooooly posh

Comment

Working...
                  X