Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youth welding

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by alanganes View Post
    Not to derail your welding thread (why does everyone say that, just before derailing the thread?) too much, but are all of those "good" flashlights, as in "somewhat expensive"? Or are the the 2-3 dollar ones you get from the direct from China places on Ebay or Deal Extreme, Bangood, etc?

    If they are the cheapies, what's your experience been with them? You clearly like them enough to try to saturate the house with them.
    Not to derail the thread... Those are all cheap ones. I have a handful of the "CREE" model scattered around the house. My mother in law gave them out as gifts to her mailman, UPS guys, etc. Out of 12, only one was DOA. They have a nice bright beam that can be focused to a fairly narrow beam. Down side is that it always starts on highest setting, and multiple clicks to cycle through to the setting you want.

    Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

    Location: SF East Bay.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by alanganes View Post
      Not to derail your welding thread (why does everyone say that, just before derailing the thread?) too much, but are all of those "good" flashlights, as in "somewhat expensive"? Or are the the 2-3 dollar ones you get from the direct from China places on Ebay or Deal Extreme, Bangood, etc?

      If they are the cheapies, what's your experience been with them? You clearly like them enough to try to saturate the house with them.
      They are all cheap flashlights. Here are the links -- I just bought them a few weeks ago as the last "batch" is all over the house hidden where you'll never look when you need a flash light.

      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by alanganes View Post
        Not to derail your welding thread (why does everyone say that, just before derailing the thread?) too much, but are all of those "good" flashlights, as in "somewhat expensive"? Or are the the 2-3 dollar ones you get from the direct from China places on Ebay or Deal Extreme, Bangood, etc?

        If they are the cheapies, what's your experience been with them? You clearly like them enough to try to saturate the house with them.
        The "CREE" labeled lights are cheap $$ but excellent quality. The other bulk pack are extremely cheap $$ and OK quality. Just get the CREE type -- the others are good enough for my 4 year old daughter mainly because they come in a wider array of colors

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by danlb View Post
          Not to derail the thread... Those are all cheap ones. I have a handful of the "CREE" model scattered around the house. My mother in law gave them out as gifts to her mailman, UPS guys, etc. Out of 12, only one was DOA. They have a nice bright beam that can be focused to a fairly narrow beam. Down side is that it always starts on highest setting, and multiple clicks to cycle through to the setting you want.

          Dan
          Actually that's a bonus.
          I hate the ones that start at the next setting from where it was last left. Personally I dislike all of the various settings. When I need a flashlight it's usually to inspect something or look for something in the dark, like my way for instance. LOL
          The last thing I want to do is play 20 clicks until I find what I actually need, a flashlight. I really don't need to send SOS signals that often nor do I feel the need to disorient someone with a strobe light on a daily basis.
          Just give me a flashlight that's got two brightness levels and I'm happy.
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

          Location: British Columbia

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Willy View Post
            Actually that's a bonus.
            I hate the ones that start at the next setting from where it was last left. Personally I dislike all of the various settings. When I need a flashlight it's usually to inspect something or look for something in the dark, like my way for instance. LOL
            The last thing I want to do is play 20 clicks until I find what I actually need, a flashlight. I really don't need to send SOS signals that often nor do I feel the need to disorient someone with a strobe light on a daily basis.
            Just give me a flashlight that's got two brightness levels and I'm happy.
            I tried to get single mode but couldn't find them this time. They all seem to be 3 mode now which I agree is annoying. The super cheap 18 pack that comes with batteries is single mode, but those are junk when compared to the CREE type.

            Comment

            Working...
            X