New toy coming, PM-1236

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy coming, PM-1236

Ordered it with DRO, micrometer carriage stop, work light, coolant system, heavier CI stand, etc. Should be here in a week, hopefully.
    Tried to go for the Taiwan made version, but was just too expensive.

That will still be a very capable machine, and a pleasure to use. The DRO and CI stand are 2 significant upgrades. You will never be sorry you got them.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      Ordered it with DRO, micrometer carriage stop, work light, coolant system, heavier CI stand, etc. Should be here in a week, hopefully.
      Tried to go for the Taiwan made version, but was just too expensive.
      Looking forward to posts about your impressions. It's on my short list.

Comment

very nice, I saw your post about upgrading your shop. Looking forward to pics!

Comment

Ok, it’s on the cast iron stands, for which I am very glad I spent the extra 200$ for. This lathe is rock solid, and just got it leveled this morning using my Starrett precision level. Amazing how you can flex a giant piece of cast iron with just your own strength, if ever so slightly. Going to run 220 to it today, and try a test cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like a nice one.

Only thing I don't like is that the bed doesn't appear to protect the leadscrews in anyway. Why do so many of the imports do this? Such a simple change can protect the leadscrew and drive shaft from getting chips and swarf in them. I'd consider a telescoping cover for the screw.

Cast iron stand would be a mandatory purchase for me. Glad you went with it.
            www.thecogwheel.net

Comment

Congrats! Looks like a sweat lathe. What happened to the paint on the stand?

Comment

That looks like a very capable machine.
                Last edited by JCHannum; 02-15-2018, 10:43 AM.
                Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                  Congrats! Looks like a sweat lathe. What happened to the paint on the stand?
                  Came that way. Chips easy. Need to get some blue paint from PM

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    Came that way. Chips easy. Need to get some blue paint from PM

Ahh, I saw the axe on the wall and wondered if you got mad at it

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                      Ahh, I saw the axe on the wall and wondered if you got mad at it
                      Oh, just wait, the bandsaw is on thin ice!

Comment

Originally posted by enginuity View Post
                        Only thing I don't like is that the bed doesn't appear to protect the leadscrews in anyway. Why do so many of the imports do this? Such a simple change can protect the leadscrew and drive shaft from getting chips and swarf in them. I'd consider a telescoping cover for the screw.
                        I use a shower curtain rod cover. Works great, costs a dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                          Be careful. It could cost a lot depending on where you get that rod cover...

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                            Got a pic? I'm struggling to envision how that is setup.

Comment

Originally posted by gzig5 View Post
                              Got a pic? I'm struggling to envision how that is setup.
                              Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X