History on Later Mazak Manual Lathes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History on Later Mazak Manual Lathes

Was just curious if anyone knows the story on the last Manual Mazak lathes,I read a few years back that the very last ones were made in China.The clone I have is 1988 made by Jinan First Machine Tools,I did see a 1985 Mazak that was made in Japan.

There's no mention of China here:
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/mazak/

Comment

I can't tell any stories, But the latest model Mazak Mate impresses me as falling under the design scheme popular with Chinese production. Vis. Blue placards and a characteristic "Satin Chrome " on handles and dials etc. Just an impression, but could be....

The MAZAK AJAX HERCULES 14X60 (ACE ) in my shop has a placard as well as raised letters on the bed casting identifying it as produced in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burch View Post
        There's no mention of China here:
        http://www.lathes.co.uk/mazak/
        Lathe UK only goes into 70's,the later model in the 80's with a more robust 2 speed tail stock is the ones I am referring to.
        Originally posted by CalM View Post
        I can't tell any stories, But the latest model Mazak Mate impresses me as falling under the design scheme popular with Chinese production. Vis. Blue placards and a characteristic "Satin Chrome " on handles and dials etc. Just an impression, but could be....

The MAZAK AJAX HERCULES 14X60 (ACE ) in my shop has a placard as well as raised letters on the bed casting identifying it as produced in Japan.
        What year would that 14x60 be ,I have seen 3 18x60 Mazak 1984-1985 made in Japan.I very surprised how there is no info when the last Mazak Manual Lathe where made.They kinda seem like a Ghost ,my Varnamo U-3 mill in same category and there was a lot of these Mills in Canada.

Comment

Number stamped into the bed way 7681
          Number stamped on the inspection plate 8408
          Perhaps a year of mfg. can be drawn from those production numbers, but I have never done so. (No concern)

Comment

There's a FB Group page called Mazak Hercules Ajax developed for manual Mazak Lathes. There are 3-4 lathe manuals in the files section so you don't have to pay $125.00 for a poorly copied sales catalogue disguised as an owners/maintenance manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Knocker View Post
              There's a FB Group page called Mazak Hercules Ajax developed for manual Mazak Lathes. There are 3-4 lathe manuals in the files section so you don't have to pay $125.00 for a poorly copied sales catalogue disguised as an owners/maintenance manual.
              Thanks Tin Knocker I will check that out tomorrow,busy day today!

Looks like first post,welcome to the Forum!
              Last edited by Tundra Twin Track; 06-09-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X