My New Heinrich Drill Press Vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Heinrich Drill Press Vise

Got my new Heinrich 30 vise mounted on plate along with speed hande,replacing sliding handle that came with it.It mounts with simply knob,with rear slots that spud into shoulder bolts.

Is it on top of a separate X-Y table? Or the table is an integral part of your mill/drill?
    Last edited by MichaelP; 03-19-2018, 01:34 AM.
    Mike
    WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
      Is it on top of a separate X-Y table? Or the table is an integral part of your mill/drill?
      This was a old industrial wood router that I converted to drill press,just drilling no milling.

Comment

And I thought they only made cheese in Wisconsin.
        Its a nice piece of kit.

Comment

Looks like it would be a little weak where the screw goes through the vertical plate. Other than that nice vise.

Brian
          OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Is that a wood working vise?

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
              And I thought they only made cheese in Wisconsin.
              Its a nice piece of kit.
              Southern Wisconsin was the cradle of a surprising number of industrial tools, tooling, and machines. Much of it is now closed or moved overseas, but there are still some big names in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by gzig5 View Post
                Southern Wisconsin was the cradle of a surprising number of industrial tools, tooling, and machines. Much of it is now closed or moved overseas, but there are still some big names in the area.
                We had some Milwaukee machine tools in our toolroom when I started my apprenticeship in the late 70's.

Brian
                OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by bborr01 View Post
                  Looks like it would be a little weak where the screw goes through the vertical plate. Other than that nice vise.

Brian
                  I think it will stand up alright ,they have 3/16" roll pin in the collar that I'm sure would be weakest link.
                  Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                  Is that a wood working vise?
                  No not a wood vise,was wanting 12" opening had to settle for 10.5" with 8" jaws.Talked to Heinrich and they said this vise has been around about as long as dirt.Had a Kurt style but prefer this style for drill press,not a fan of sliding handle ( hence the speed hanldle) or the U joint handle.The notched jaws will be good,and lots of clearance for thru drilling,it is 5" tall.
                  Originally posted by gzig5 View Post
                  Bought this from KBC had to wait 2-1/2 months as Factory was out stock,could not find any reviews on these.The quick action Vises seem to be the biggest seller,just wanted one in this size.

Comment

Originally posted by bborr01 View Post

Brian
                    Sorry Brian misread your reply,the small plate with bushing in it to keep speed handle aligned in last pic.The first 2 pics is how it came,I built the plate with attachments to match my table.I machined the collar with hex on if ever need wrench that pins on in place of sliding handle.

Comment

Working...
                    X