Looking for Machine Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Machine Info

Please forgive me ahead of time as I am new to this forum. My husband was a member and spent hours reading. He passed away in 2016. So please don't kick me off just yet! I'm sure some of you readers may find my ignorance entertaining! I am trying to find objective information on several machines I have in my husbands workshop as I do want to sell them. I don't think I can tackle posting photos of them on here tonight. It took me all last night to get registered and accepted and it has taken me a good hour to figure out how to post and I am quite sure I am not posting under the right thread but hopefully the right readers will see my post. In lieu of photos I will try to give as much info here as possible. Machine # 1:Prince Hunter PAL Milling Machine supplied by Balding Engineering LTD; Brook Motors Limited Huddersfield; Class E Insulation; Frame DNV164L.; Serial# L507672.; 220/440 volts; 3 phase; FL Speed 1730; Rating INT; 2 HP. It's a behemoth! Machine #2: Atlas Metal Lathe (Unfortunately I only took photo of the Atlas tag and the Spindle Speed Chart so I will need to search for more numbers on it. Machine #3: Grizzly Metal Lathe G 4016 It was bought new approx. 10-12 years ago and used minimally. Also, I live in Louisiana and was impacted by the flood of 2016. We got about 26 inches of water. I don't think these machines were affected because of their height but I am not fond of messing around with 3 phase electricity either so I have not tested them out since then. My husband was a mechanical genius (he never liked me to say that about him but it was true!) and my favorite question when I would tease him would be Will it shock me?? So if it is within the parameters of this forum to give me information and possible value I would greatly appreciate it.

First and foremost, sorry to hear of your loss. You will certainly NOT be kicked off!

Are you willing to tell us your husband's name on this list? Maybe he has friends here who don't know of his passing.

We're a friendly and generous group and I can assure you we'll give you any help we can.

-js

EDIT: perhaps this should be a new thread, so as not to have it disappear in the noise. I'll ask the moderator about that.
    Last edited by Jim Stewart; 03-16-2018, 01:03 AM.
    There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your loss and I am sure others here will share that sentiment.

This is a friendly group and, as Jim said, you will not be thrown off. That being said, there is a rule against advertising items for sale here. This is because our host is a commercial magazine and they have classified ads for that purpose so free ads here would be a conflict with that. Your post does not do that directly but it comes close. I would suggest that you contact our moderator, George Bulliss if you wish to actually offer them for sale here. The board has a PM (private message) facility where you can send him a message with things in it, like your e-mail, that you may not want to post publicly. He has been fairly well disposed to grant permission for worthy purposes, like this. You can open one of the "sticky" posts at the top of the General board's topic page and click on his name in any of them. That will give you the choice of going to the PM page. I am going to send a PM to you and you will see a link to it the next time you open up this BB.

Other than directly selling here, we can offer help in finding a venue for that and help you to describe them properly for that sale. There may even be someone who would be willing to come and inspect the machines and perhaps do some precautionary maintenance to help them sell better. It would be good to know if they will actually run: I suspect they will. Knowing your location would help, your city would be enough for that so you do not have to post your actual street address in public here. I would not recommend that.

It would be best to open a new topic, with it's own title for this discussion. You can do that from the General forum page. Go to the bottom of this page and click on the box labeled "General" there. Then click on the word "General" in the drop down list of forums that appears. That will take there. Then, about half way down the screen, you will see a oval box that says "Post New Thread". Click on that and start your own thread with an appropriate title.

Originally posted by bamboozler View Post
      Please forgive me ahead of time as I am new to this forum. My husband was a member and spent hours reading. He passed away in 2016. So please don't kick me off just yet! I'm sure some of you readers may find my ignorance entertaining! I am trying to find objective information on several machines I have in my husbands workshop as I do want to sell them. I don't think I can tackle posting photos of them on here tonight. It took me all last night to get registered and accepted and it has taken me a good hour to figure out how to post and I am quite sure I am not posting under the right thread but hopefully the right readers will see my post. In lieu of photos I will try to give as much info here as possible. Machine # 1:Prince Hunter PAL Milling Machine supplied by Balding Engineering LTD; Brook Motors Limited Huddersfield; Class E Insulation; Frame DNV164L.; Serial# L507672.; 220/440 volts; 3 phase; FL Speed 1730; Rating INT; 2 HP. It's a behemoth! Machine #2: Atlas Metal Lathe (Unfortunately I only took photo of the Atlas tag and the Spindle Speed Chart so I will need to search for more numbers on it. Machine #3: Grizzly Metal Lathe G 4016 It was bought new approx. 10-12 years ago and used minimally. Also, I live in Louisiana and was impacted by the flood of 2016. We got about 26 inches of water. I don't think these machines were affected because of their height but I am not fond of messing around with 3 phase electricity either so I have not tested them out since then. My husband was a mechanical genius (he never liked me to say that about him but it was true!) and my favorite question when I would tease him would be Will it shock me?? So if it is within the parameters of this forum to give me information and possible value I would greatly appreciate it.
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Thanks to those who pointed out that this post needed moving. I was off for a few days with limited time and access to a computer, but am back at it now. I'll reach out to the OP to see if she needs any help with photos, etc.
        George
        Traverse City, MI

Comment

Sorry for your loss Bamboozler. Do you know what your late husbands username was?

Brian
          OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Indeed we are all sorry for your loss, the prince mill was a beaver mill from memory, like a Bridgeport for all intents, I'd guess Bridgeport price too.
            Once again my sympathy
            Regards
            Mark

Comment

Thank you all so much. Yes, my husband was Melvin Myers. I think his user name may have been bamboozler. His e mail was [email protected]. Our home is right outside Baton Rouge, LA. I do understand the rule regarding advertising and while that is not my intention at all, I see where it is a fine line. It may be that some or one of you is close to my area and could look at the machines.

Comment

Working...
              X