Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emco Meijer Maximate V13 brake

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Emco Meijer Maximate V13 brake

    I notice going through the parts manual for my V13 that they had a foot brake shown. Unfortunately, they only show the brake components, not what the brake shoe acts on.
    Has anyone seen the Maximate fdddot brake or know how it's setup to work?
    Thanks,dd
    Eric
    Eric Sanders in Brighton, Michigan
    www.scope-werks.com
    www.compufoil.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by AiR_GuNNeR View Post
    I notice going through the parts manual for my V13 that they had a foot brake shown. Unfortunately, they only show the brake components, not what the brake shoe acts on.
    Has anyone seen the Maximate fdddot brake or know how it's setup to work?
    Thanks,dd
    Eric
    Didnt know it came with a foot brake. Where do you see this . In the original manual or an online manual. I still seem to be the only v13 lathe owner on the planet who has a permanent gap in my v13.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by plunger View Post
      Didnt know it came with a foot brake. Where do you see this . In the original manual or an online manual. I still seem to be the only v13 lathe owner on the planet who has a permanent gap in my v13.
      I saw it in the service parts manual. I put it on my site in case you don't have it:
      http://www.scope-werks.com/bin/EmcoV13Manual.pdf
      It's on page 36. It shows a foot brake bar. Page 46 shows a flywheel attached to the motor pulley, and I am assuming it acts on the fly wheel. I'll have to check my lathe, (the back isn't accessible right now), but I don't recall seeing a flywheel on mine. Yours is a gap bed? The only other person I know that has one is John Saunders of Saunders Machine works. He called me years back for some information after picking up a V13.
      Eric Sanders in Brighton, Michigan
      www.scope-werks.com
      www.compufoil.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting, it does not show what the brake block bears on, it could well be the flywheel, my machine does not have a flywheel. With a VFD I don't need a brake. Also I find it interesting to see that the parts manual does not show taper gibs on the cross slide or top slide like my machine has.
        Sorry I can't help with the brake question.

        Werner

        Comment


        • #5
          I know alot of owners who do not have three phase swop there motors for a single phase and its advised to install a flywheel.
          Is that not a super 11 you are showing.?Hard to see on my small screen.

          Comment


          • #6
            The parts manual is indeed for a Super 11, can't help much with where the foot brake attaches / controls but a Super 11 sold in Jan on eBay
            that did have a foot brake, the description seemed to imply it was a safety feature.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AiR_GuNNeR View Post
              Eric
              Hiya Eric, Written any good Al Gore-rythms lately?
              Milton

              "Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

              "The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jcfx View Post
                The parts manual is indeed for a Super 11, can't help much with where the foot brake attaches / controls but a Super 11 sold in Jan on eBay
                that did have a foot brake, the description seemed to imply it was a safety feature.
                Super11, ahh that 'splains that. I would still love to be be able to fab up a foot brake. I got an email from a guy with a super 11 that has the break. The vertical bar extends into the gear box where the change gears are located. The pad acts upon the driven pulley from the motor..
                Eric
                Eric Sanders in Brighton, Michigan
                www.scope-werks.com
                www.compufoil.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would still love to be be able to fab up a foot brake.
                  Does yours have the 415vAC 3PH Elin motor with the 24vAC electric brake?.

                  I have the above braked motor on my v13 , tied through an inverter auxiliary relay , so the lathe brake is operated the instant the inverter is commanded to stop .(and released on start)
                  This gives me the ability to turn threads right up to shoulders without much fear of collision ,and a quick stop from any speed.

                  Rob.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MrSleepy View Post
                    Does yours have the 415vAC 3PH Elin motor with the 24vAC electric brake?.

                    I have the above braked motor on my v13 , tied through an inverter auxiliary relay , so the lathe brake is operated the instant the inverter is commanded to stop .(and released on start)
                    This gives me the ability to turn threads right up to shoulders without much fear of collision ,and a quick stop from any speed.
                    Rob.
                    No, I have the 220VAC 3Phase, no brake. I have been keeping my eye open for an electric brake module that I may be able to retrofit as an option to a foot brake.
                    Eric Sanders in Brighton, Michigan
                    www.scope-werks.com
                    www.compufoil.com

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X