Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT somewhat: magnetic field viewing film.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT somewhat: magnetic field viewing film.

A former employer had a sheet of "something" for viewing the field around a magnet. It worked rather well, and as I recall, the pattern was not persistent once the magnet was removed. Showed the pattern out for some distance.

I got a piece of similar material from Amazon recently, as I need to see the pattern from some small Neo magnets. I need to trip a magnetic field sensor at a bit more distance than I thought (position sensor), and have a limited space to fit magnets.

Anyhow, this film is less sensitive, does not show the field out very far, even for a neo magnet, and also does not return to a neutral state... it retains the pattern, although it can be essentially "bulk erased". I was hoping for a more sensitive film that would not be persistent.

The film I got was a 6 x 6" piece from "Applied Magnets", and seems to be the only type they sell.

Any suggestions?
    CNC machines only go through the motions

Check out K&J Magnetics (kjmagnetics.com) and do a search for Part # MV43. I have some and I think it will work better than what you have.

Comment

United Nuclear has some.

Comment

Working...
      X