Free Kennedy tool boxes for anyone in MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Kennedy tool boxes for anyone in MA

I have some older Kennedy tool boxes that I definitely don't want anymore. The first person that can pick them up ASAP gets them. PM me. They are located ~10 minutes off Rt. 495 Exit 32 in Westford, MA

Those things are worth a few 100$ bucks. I wish you were closer, I would have picked them up.
    12x16" Delta 3d printer (Built from scratch)
    Logan 825 - work in progress
    My Blog - http://engineerd3d.ddns.net/
    Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVY...view_as=public
    Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/engineerd3d/?hl=en

Comment

Why does this always happen on the other side of the continent?

Comment

The space they take is far more valuable. And I'm not impressed by them at all.

Comment

Nice and thanks for offering them to the members..
          Btw what do you store your tools in ?
          If you show me a row of Listas, I will understand. .

Comment

alanganes is picking them up tomorrow.

Comment

I have quite a few Kennedy's, and I think they are a bit more hat than cattle as well. I like them, and they work, but they are pretty flimsy and a bit cheap/rough. Not Hardware store Craftsman cheap, but nothing to get frothy about like most guys do. Freeking cheap ass plastic pulls drive me nuts...
              Having said that I feel a bit off at having missed such an opportunity....

Comment

While Kennedys are clearly not the Cadillac of toolboxes, they are serviceable and extra nice when someone is nice enough to give you a couple of them. In my case these will be replacing a couple of really crummy (literal "walmart grade") cabinets. After a bit of clean-and-lube, these will be holding mostly light duty stuff like measuring tools and the like so will be perfectly adequate for the task.

Aside from that, it's always fun to meet folks from these forums in person from time to time, admire the shops, etc. I also got a glimpse of the famous 3 Phase Light Bulb go-cart, hiding off to the side of things.

Thank to 3Ph for the generous offer.

Comment

Originally posted by alanganes View Post
                  While Kennedys are clearly not the Cadillac of toolboxes, they are serviceable and extra nice when someone is nice enough to give you a couple of them. In my case these will be replacing a couple of really crummy (literal "walmart grade") cabinets. After a bit of clean-and-lube, these will be holding mostly light duty stuff like measuring tools and the like so will be perfectly adequate for the task.

Aside from that, it's always fun to meet folks from these forums in person from time to time, admire the shops, etc. I also got a glimpse of the famous 3 Phase Light Bulb go-cart, hiding off to the side of things.

Thank to 3Ph for the generous offer.
                  Thanks for taking them off my hands!

Comment

Originally posted by engineerd3d View Post
                    Those things are worth a few 100$ bucks. I wish you were closer, I would have picked them up.
                    NJ to MA? That's like driving across town down here. But, of course, we don't have toll roads.

Comment

Other than a few layovers in a couple of airports there, I've never been to Texas. But in the time it takes you guys to reach the city limit, we can be leaving the state around here.

That said, I'm driving to NJ tomorrow!

Comment

Maybe the Kennedy mid and rollaway boxes are not ofvthe highest quality, but my experience with Kennedy has been with the top machinist type boxes of various ages. And I am more than happy with them and enjoy using them.

Comment

My comment On Kennedy Boxes. im 60 years old. Had my first Kennedy at age 16, over the years a 11 drawer top a 7 drawer bottom a 2 drawer in the middle along with a side hang on, then thick wooden tops machined to be flat across the Tops! I have had a LOT of trouble with Drawers and such, also drawers sliding open when Toolbox is on a slightly uneven Floor Surface (like a Old Tool Die Shop) and the entire Box tipping over causing Damage to glides and such. Also the Drawers used to fall out of the Box ,yes they were full but its a toolbox, I replaced all the Glides with Ball Bearing Glides but in Retrospect I would never ever Buy One again, You want Ball bearing Glides and Drawers that click closed and dont open by themselves. OH also I had to make a heavy Metal Angle frame for the replacement Wheels after they were badly worn. Thats about it. Also overpriced.!

Comment

Working...
                          X