Wild hairs, and impulse buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild hairs, and impulse buys

Actually on topic. Got lost on YouTube and watched some videos of people installing miniature hydraulics on r/c vehicles. Perfect machining project for the lathe, making miniature cylinders. As a kid, I had an R/C excavator, and always missed having it since. I also have a three year old son so... I just ordered two of these. One for him, other for me to hack apart and upgrade Tim Allen style.

It’s not an excavator, but still cool.
    Oh, and there is a basis for this, a company in Europe is already taking these and making them RC with hydraulics for 1300 euros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

awesome
    san jose, ca. usa

Comment

I couldn't wait to by my son toys. I think half the time I forgot that I'm getting stuff for them and not for me.

Comment

Looks like a Bruder... nice stuff. My son, now shy of 9 got a noise making picture book from my mom when he was a tot.. dioramas of Bruder vehicles doing work. He was so infatuated with this book and the noises it was crazy. I tracked down one of the trucks and gave it to him for his second or third bday.. truck was damn near as big as him... he was in heaven. Spiel gut!

The stuff people are doing with toys, and particularly rc these days is nuts.. youtube is a giant rabbit hole.

This stuff looks interesting: https://ugears.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobChM...SAAEgKCHfD_BwE

Comment

Much more enjoyable than building an air motor and setting it on a shelf.

Can't wait to see some parts!

Comment

Posted on here before, I built this toy backhoe for (myself) uh, my grandchildren.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMUEixpboPg
            Surprisingly approximated what I remember about my own grandfather's machine that I patterned it after.
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

There is a posting somewhere that I saw, several 100 pages in a forum. The guy excavated his basement only using rc models. It is quite a read. It took something like 15 yrs
              "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

This is what every little boy wants, and probably most of the fathers too

Comment

Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
                  There is a posting somewhere that I saw, several 100 pages in a forum. The guy excavated his basement only using rc models. It is quite a read. It took something like 15 yrs
                  I remember reading that a couple years ago. Quite an undertaking. I love a good nonsensical project as much as the next guy, but.....

Re: that kid on the Kubota, my kid would love that. My buddy has one of the manual toy diggers in his sand box for the kids, and that's all my boy plays with when he's over there. I'll have to get HIM a small tractor now....

Comment

Good for you RB -- perspective and priorities --- these are the types of decisions you will never regret, talk about father and son bonding this is what it's all about... very cool...

Comment

Take a look at this site http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com in the construction equipment section there is alot of Bruder builds.
                      Mansfield, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
                        That would be Joe Murray.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...r_project.html

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                          According to his you tube channel he's still digging. Can't wait to show the wife, as she thinks I take too long to finish projects lol.

Comment

That ugears link is awesome. I need to seriously restrain myself to not go and buy some "for the kids".

Comment

http://www.magomhrc.com/en/hydraulic...less-pump.html

Comment

Working...
                              X