OT: The Cops are coming call from 914-363-5512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: The Cops are coming call from 914-363-5512

I just got an awesome voicemail message.

http://www.bbssystem.com/pictures/voicemail-48.m4a

EDIT: Here is the transcript:

“We received a notification regarding your tax filings from the headquarters which will get expired in next 24 working hours and once again expired after that you will be taken under custody by the local cops as there are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment we would request you to get back to us so that we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you the number to reach us is 914-363-5512 I repeat 914-363-5512 thank you…”
    Last edited by ; 03-23-2018, 11:34 AM.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... The sad thing is, SOMEONE in the world has fallen for that gimmick.
    QUICK!! SEND THEM MONEY!!!

Comment

What I think of when I hear things like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOZuLD1u_K4
      Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Ha Ha...We got that same message several months ago. I laughed so hard I forgot to pay my taxes, so here I am waiting for the "local cops." Hope they get here soon, before I eat all of the doughnuts!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb;1167379

[COLOR=#26282A
          [FONT="]“We received a notification regarding your tax filings from the headquarters which will get expired in next 24 working hours....
          Well, if the headquarters will get expired in 24 hours then you should have nothing to worry about.
          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

The only thing that concerns me, is I received this call about 30 minutes after filling out a Liberty Mutual Insurance quote online. It's probably just a coincidence but I'm wondering if Liberty Mutual sold my phone number that quickly. I wouldn't be surprised actually.

Comment

I get these really annoying calls saying "Hi, this is Elizabeth....". The calls go on about how I've stayed in one of their resorts and they'd like to reward me with a trips to the Bahamas. That's bad enough, but the caller ID shows my local county sheriff's office.

And, yes, I've had the collection calls for the IRS too.

The ultimate was a couple weeks ago. When I answered what appeared to be a local call, the caller said "Hi grandpa.." He went on about how he and his friend got in an accident on the way to a funeral. Not having much to do right then I played along telling him I missed seeing him and the other grandchildren since I divorced his bitch of a grandmother. I went on for a couple minutes....he finally hung up. Funny thing, he had a slight middle eastern accent.

Comment

Quickly run to your local Wal-Mart and get the gift cards they requested.

Comment

I've gotten ~5 calls now from different bogus callers within the last ~2 hours. Usually I only get 1 or 2 a week. I bet Liberty Mutual is probably selling info they collect from their online claim quote system or it's just a coincidence.

Comment

A buddy locally got that sort of call from someone saying they were with "the Canadian Government". He knew about these scams so played dumb for a little while. His son in law kept motioning for the phone so he handed it over. How his SIL IS a government employee and started asking for verification in terms of an employee or badge number. The caller started sputtering and in turn asked for HIS badge number. To which he gave his old previous house number. But he did it so quickly and automatically that it got the caller all flustered. He started accusing THEM of harassing HIM. To which the SIL calmly said that it was HE that called THEM. The guy finally hung up. He's likely over in India or Pakistan (yes, it was a very strong accent) waiting for the black helicopters right now....

My own favorite is the folks that call from "the computer security department" and want to fix my computer for me....

Actually there was one of them that announced his name as Bryan Adams in a thick eastern accent. My instant reaction instead of telling him about sex and travel was to say "Hi Bryan! The rock concert scene isn't going so well these days? You had to get a second job?". To which there was a short silence and "..... pardon?" I played on with this for a while and before he hung up on ME he threatened to have his buddys call me hourly. To which I replied that I'd simply leave the phone off the hook so they could waste their time.

Usually I can't be bothered. But now and then it's fun to bait the bear...
                    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Just never answer the ohone...... we don't.

Anyone that needs to call knows our cell numbers.

We keep an answering machine on the house phone so that anyone from the past or who does not know the other numbers can actually get hold of us. That does happen from time to time, so it is generally worth it.

We did get a very slick version of the IRS call.....recorded on the answering machine.... He rattled off his number, name, etc, in good idiomatic american english. Good smooth line of BS, finished up with a typical encouraging "Let us help you.". Too bad we know the IRS does not do that stuff. It was very well done, and probably has actually worked.
                      Last edited by J Tiers; 03-23-2018, 02:16 PM.
                      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

There was an article about two weeks back ( don't recall which paper - Toronto Star, maybe?) by someone who DID fall for this, lost a lot of money, and was one of those people who had more reason than most to know better. Sad.

Hah! found it!
                        "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post

Hah! found it!
                          :-) Serves the a$$ right. He's a draft dodger from the US :-)
                          ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post
                            There was an article about two weeks back ( don't recall which paper - Toronto Star, maybe?) by someone who DID fall for this, lost a lot of money, and was one of those people who had more reason than most to know better. Sad.

Hah! found it!
                            As far as I am concerned this guy got what he deserved. What goes around comes around.
                            Damn draft dodger!
                            Bill

You beat me to it lew!
                            I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

If nothing else, their grammar gives them away.

"will get expired"

I doubt that is good grammar in any language.

Punctuation too, there isn't a single period in the whole message. And why on earth is it necessary to repeat the phone number in a written message? Is the first one going to disappear?

These guys are just too funny. You have to be pretty dumb to fall for this.

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                              I just got an awesome voicemail message.

http://www.bbssystem.com/pictures/voicemail-48.m4a

“We received a notification regarding your tax filings from the headquarters which will get expired in next 24 working hours and once again expired after that you will be taken under custody by the local cops as there are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment we would request you to get back to us so that we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you the number to reach us is 914-363-5512 I repeat 914-363-5512 thank you…”
                              Paul A.
                              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
                              X