CNC Remote Go Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC Remote Go Stop

Do you guys use remote foot switches, remote hand held switches, or just start/pause/go buttons directly on your display pendant/controller?

I'm thinking a momentary foot switch on the floor would be the nicest to keep the hands free.

I have pendant button. Rarely use it now - my programming is way better

My floor would be a disaster, and.. the pendant is on a curly cord so i can move away from the mill (chips, crap happening) and still have it in my hand. Why do you need to keep both your hands free?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
      Do you guys use remote foot switches, remote hand held switches, or just start/pause/go buttons directly on your display pendant/controller?

I'm thinking a momentary foot switch on the floor would be the nicest to keep the hands free.
      Having similar equipment as yours, I prefer the hand held. The one I made is small enough that I kind of hold it with my last two fingers leaving my opposable thumb and pointer free if needed.

Sid

Comment

The only issue with the hand held is frequently having to grab it and put it down/away. The Stop/Go button is used a lot especially when only controlling in 2 axis mode. I'm thinking of just getting a nice heavy floor foot switch instead and figured that was what most people used. Something like this would be nice:

Comment

Stop is also used when you see crap happening or better, about to happen (opps, crap, forgot to set the datum after tool change). The foot would always need to be hovering above the pedal. By Hand you always know where it is. Mine is thumb sized and hangs on the side of the console when not in use. Put both in parallel if you have the foot need.

Comment

I was going to put both in parallel unless someone said you'll never grab the hand held switch once you have a floor switch but nobody has convinced me that I'll never touch the hand held switch again so I guess parallel it is

There is a big red STOP button on the pendant for when crap is happening. The Stop/Go button I'm referring to is mostly used as the "Go" whenever I need to do something. For example, every time I press the RUN button on the controller to start a CNC program, it says "Press GO when ready". And if I'm only using 2-axis control, it will say "Position Z and press GO to continue". Or it will say "Insert Tool Number 4 and press GO to continue" so I think it will be easier to just tap my foot every time I'm ready to continue/etc.

Comment

Crap is starting to happen on my mill and I don't even have CNC.

Perhaps the long bar style stop pedal like on lathes would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post

Comment

The stop/go button is a momentary SPST switch so the clapper would get quite annoying very fast

Comment

Working...
                  X