No announcement yet.

Photobucket unlocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people keep fighting for photobucket? Let it die.
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
      Why do people keep fighting for photobucket? Let it die.
      Too many links on as many different sites makes it difficult to let go.
      Helder Ferreira
      Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Does anyone know the inside story on PB? I mean, I don't buy the explanation that they were going broke. If they were, this would not have fixed it. Yet, they are still there. So what is the real story? New CEO? New CFO?
        Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
          Does anyone know the inside story on PB? I mean, I don't buy the explanation that they were going broke. If they were, this would not have fixed it. Yet, they are still there. So what is the real story? New CEO? New CFO?
          Same story with every public company. The shareholders demand higher stock value, everyone else suffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
            Too many links on as many different sites makes it difficult to let go.

Not that hard really, people are taught to easily let things go now days. Just forget about it and move on to the next, as easy as that.
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
              Not that hard really, people are taught to easily let things go now days. Just forget about it and move on to the next, as easy as that.
              Sure. It worked for Civil War statues last year so why not everything else?

Comment

The real issue here is that you are all computer idiots. Buy some web space or host your own server and link your images the original and proper way.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                  The real issue here is that you are all computer idiots. Buy some web space or host your own server and link your images the original and proper way.
                  Well that is nice and polite... and as silly a statement as one could want to see......

So, because here is a company that makes it easy to store stuf for quick access and linking, and who puts up no obstacles to it, in fact providing ready-made easy ways to link.... FOR THAT REASON, we should all have gone out and bought another computer, futzed around with it to make it a server, and put up with the looooonnnnnng load times due to having one slow server being pounded by everyone viewing any place you have linked the pics......

Yep the very existence of free photobucket should have made us all go out and set up our own far inferior servers..... yep you betcha.... Why do ANYTHING the easy way when there is a harder, less effective, and much more expensive way?
                  CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Same story with every public company. The shareholders demand higher stock value, everyone else suffers.
                    you think what they did is going increase their valuation?
                    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                      you think what they did is going increase their valuation?
                      Somebody thought so, evidently. They apparently assumed that what was "stored" there was so "necessary" that folks would pay to keep it good.

However, it may pay off... someone may buy up the site, after having legal check the signup TOS agreements as modified, and take all the images private, selling them for licensed use. I'd be surprised if there was no language allowing PB rights to unrestricted use, and any successor companies would be buying those rights.

You might eventually get a legal notice to pay for using your own picture, although it would be unenforceable, as I do not recall seeing any transfer of all rights in the user agreement.
                      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Nope, they're still a private company. News Corp purchased them around 2007 for about $250 million. They sold Photobucket around 2011
                        for about $60 million. Financially, there's not much to be found about them online. Just a few references to the occasional venture capital
                        fund pumping in a few million dollars every couple of years to keep them afloat.

Comment

Their Alexa rank dropped from around 1,000 to 2,656 in under a year. In 2009 they were ranked 38.

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/photobucket.com

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                            Somebody thought so, evidently.
                            Someone made a bad decision. Surprise surprise happens all the time....especially with a child CEO setting strategy, just that they're not usually so remarkable huge. New Coke comes to mind as a comparable blunder. The question was how does RB211 think this decision will produce a high valuation? (hint, it doesn't)
                            Last edited by Mcgyver; 04-01-2018, 12:58 PM.
                            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

i have written about those fixes half a year ago on here. what i wonder is, why they work most of the time, but not always.

Comment

Working...
                              X