Bad pennies and Old Dogs keep coming back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad pennies and Old Dogs keep coming back

Hello folks, now that I've got YouTube pretty much memorized of everything mechanical I thought I might cruise back over here to see what might be brewing, it's been a good many years since I've been around. Let me introduce myself to some of the newer members who don't understand why my message count is as high as it is.....I didn't say valuable, I said "high".

I'm a retired TV News Photographer/Photojournalist in Buffalo, NY area. Retired 2006 from a job related injury while on the job (my ankles got run over). My shop has been growing since I left here. I have all the toys I want both for wood and metal and photography too for that matter. I am not nearly asl skilled as many guys on this page but I don't think many are having more fun than me learning !!

I pretty much have YouTube memorized so if there is a problem I can help with please let me know !!

Take care,

Ray Swan aka: Your Old Dog and NV2A ...-,-

PS, I know longer have a web site, where is a good place to post images for inclusion in my post?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

YOD welcome back - I thought you might have crossed over to the other side as sometimes no news is bad news,

glad to hear your still kickin...

Comment

My Old Dog! It's been a long time! Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog View Post
        where is a good place to post images for inclusion in my post?
        I hear PhotoBucket is a great place to host your images unless your financially challenged
        Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; 04-01-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Many are using IMGUR as a photo repository.

Welcome back.

Dan
          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
            YOD welcome back - I thought you might have crossed over to the other side as sometimes no news is bad news,

glad to hear your still kickin...
            This is what I thought as well, glad to hear I was wrong.
            Welcome back Ray!
            Always enjoyed your posts, nice to see you back in the saddle.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Welcome back!
              I too thought you had passed. Do you still make knifes?

Bob

Comment

Well, well; the rumors of your death were greatly exaggerated! Welcome back; we've been needing somebody with a decent sense of humor!
                Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

I have all my websites hosted by www.1and1.com, for about $10/month. I use my domain names for posting, so I can transfer everything to a new server if necessary, without having to edit my posts. For a while I used Dreamhost. There are probably cheaper hosts, perhaps GoDaddy.com?

I have a question about YouTube. I have most of my videos under my main account:
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulAndMuttley

But I also have some under a "channel":
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC00...VN1_uEA0ZyclSQ

I'd like to move those to my main account, or at least have a better URL. I could just upload the videos from my local machine, but I'd rather be able to just move or copy them remotely, as I can do with my websites using Filezilla.

Thanks, and welcome back!
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Glad you're back...I was looking at a video lens a few days ago, and got to wondering where you've been. Have the ankles healed OK?

Comment

Welcome back, YOD! I'll admit I thought the worst, too... glad to see you're still around.

Comment

Looks to me like we're all in agreement, the only legitimate reason for leaving here is buying the farm.
                        And then he comes back on, of all days, Easter Sunday....hmm. Oh never mind, I'm probably reading too much into this.
                        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Still trampling down the daisys !!

Originally posted by Bob Ford View Post
                          Welcome back!
                          I too thought you had passed. Do you still make knifes?

Bob
                          Hi Bob, No, I'm still on the right right side of the lawn ! No knife making going on these days Bob although I keep saying I'd like to make a few more. I've gotten very interested in welding and machining but as the noodle slows down its an uphill struggle to get anything done! I get about 3 hours a day in my shop and thats about all the more stamina I have these days. Take care and have a great day!
                          Ray.......
                          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

LOL I thought about that too but didn't think anyone would make the connection that I have risen.....to the computer screen !! I sure miss the "like" button we used to have, they must have lost that feature when software changed?

Comment

Hey YOD lives!Good to see you brother!
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X