Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaviest thing you loaded on a trailer with a Cherry picker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vpt View Post

I forgot about your genius use. I'd like to build an add-on for mine like that, except with maybe a humanoid bucket. Like a mini bucket truck for around the shop. Add an electric pump, remote release mechanism, and some powered wheels and one could get inside the bucket and easily access anything on the ceiling.
    Last edited by ; 04-12-2018, 02:40 PM. Reason: basket? No, I mean bucket!

Comment

Check out my new shop lift. It's called a Vpt-lift. Filing a IP disclosure right now for it

Comment

I'm selling all my ladders!
        Andy

Comment

Beam me up Scotty!
          I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

I used to load cars onto trailers with mine. They were stripped down cars but still whole car off the ground.

Also used mine to move my Lagun ft2 around.
            Was the mill in one piece. My FT 2 is quite heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm selling all my ladders!
              No, you build a flat platform for the end of the lift, then you can put the ladder on that. You can get an extra 10+ feet higher for free!

Comment

Originally posted by dave_r View Post
                No, you build a flat platform for the end of the lift, then you can put the ladder on that. You can get an extra 10+ feet higher for free!
                That's what the bucket is good for too. Stick the ladder inside of it when it doesn't reach up high enough. Just make sure you lock the pivoting arm before climbing above the CG point

Comment

Used it to drywall the ceiling too.

This is ridiculously clever.

Comment

Just 2 weeks ago a Parker Majestic No 2 surface grinder wandered into my garage. I rented the cutest little Uhaul trailer. It was extremely useful for it’s size! I was able to lift the grinder with my engine hoist.

The lift moved the grinder ok. The grinder is nearly as heavy as my Bridgeport!

Comment

What is the weight capacity of that little trailer?

Comment

I think around 2000 lbs. The grinder comes in at 1500 lbs and the trailer had no problem with it. We loaded it so the weight was over the axle. I used a punch bar to walk it back so I could hoist it up and drive out. The deck of the trailer is corrugated sheet metal. The trailer is stout for it’s size.

I do not need another trailer as my open car hauler works well for most things including hauling my Camaro but if I were in the market for a 4’ x 7’ I would look for a used Uhaul trailer. Very well built. Real nice feature is it’s low ride height. Makes for easier unloading with a engine hoist.

Comment

My new lathe, with the 1 ton HF hoist. Was at max capacity due to the arm being extended. I would advise on getting the 2 ton model for that reason with the hopes of having 1 ton capacity with arm extended.

Comment

Awww, the drywalling is just clever...

The cherry picker and the Harbor Fright trailer have moved
                            the Sheldon lathe and Bridgeport clone at least twice, and neither of them is particularly light...

t
                            rusting in Seattle

Comment

Working...
                            X