• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    OK you guys have a good laugh!
    https://youtu.be/roHDDCKSZW8
    Yeah. I have a couple of comments.

PTO off the tractor, nice move. The tractor, I am jealous. The land, same.

The mix? Lil wet. but you needed to do a pour so no man shovel work.

Can I do a internship at your place. I would be grateful for the opportunity. I am just way too old. JR

Comment

Excellent! Be prepared so as when time marches on you can still get out and do stuff!

Comment

OK you guys have a good laugh!
        https://youtu.be/roHDDCKSZW8
        Not going to laugh at you, but why not eliminate the wheel barrow and make a mount for the mixer to the excavator and use it's hyd. system ? Then you could dump the mix out of the mixer directly without transferring,one less item to clean when you are finished.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
          Yeah. I have a couple of comments.

PTO off the tractor, nice move. The tractor, I am jealous. The land, same.

The mix? Lil wet. but you needed to do a pour so no man shovel work.

Can I do a internship at your place. I would be grateful for the opportunity. I am just way too old. JR
          The mixer is not running off the PTO of the tractor. In the video the mixer is running off a 3kw electric motor powering a 5ccm hydraulic pump. The tractor is just holding the pallet in the air so I didn't have to lift the 40kg bags of concrete!

I can tell you all I know about mixing concrete in about 10 seconds! I thought the mix was wet also but it is not going into a critical situation so I used it.

No you can not do an internship at my place. You can come and hang out with me and teach me!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo View Post
            Not going to laugh at you, but why not eliminate the wheel barrow and make a mount for the mixer to the excavator and use it's hyd. system ? Then you could dump the mix out of the mixer directly without transferring,one less item to clean when you are finished.

Steve
            And miss the oppurtunity for you all to harass me about my Hitachi wheel barrow! Come on, that wheel barrow is cool! I did think about doing what you say but I thought it would be hard to see where I would be pouring the concrete.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I had a PTO powered mixer on the three point lift on my tractor that you could reverse into the aggregate pile to pick up stones and sand, add cement and water, and mix on the way to where you were using it. Then when there dump direct. The only issue was it was a hand lever dump, and as you did the mechanical drive for the drum disengaged and the drum stopped rotating meaning you had to have a sloppy mix

Comment

A swing away trough as on a big cement truck would work also. It wouldn't have to be too long and would definitely be better than my Hitachi wheelbarrow! I could mount the mixer on the excavator and swing it to where I need just like I did with the wheelbarrow.

I'll be right back. I have to build a trough!

Comment

Swing away loading scoop while your at it! that way you can just use a second machine to dump a bucket of aggregate into the mixer instead of loading it.
                  I'd get carried away like this myself, but sadly readymix is actually cheaper than buying the aggregate and mixing it on-site here, so for what I do, just picking my little mixer (converted to electric from petrol ) up in the machine bucket and using it there is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFluffy View Post
                    Swing away loading scoop while your at it! that way you can just use a second machine to dump a bucket of aggregate into the mixer instead of loading it.
                    I'd get carried away like this myself, but sadly readymix is actually cheaper than buying the aggregate and mixing it on-site here, so for what I do, just picking my little mixer (converted to electric from petrol ) up in the machine bucket and using it there is enough.
                    I only use the mixer on little jobs. Such as setting corner fence posts and such. Anything that needs over ten bags of ready-mix I have a truck deliver it. One has to learn to pick their fights!

As you all saw in the video the small open barn for the ponies is pretty much finished BUT and a big but I am not allowed to tear it completely down and build a new one. If I completely tore it down the German government won't let me build a complete new barn. So the only thing even remotely salvageable is the frame of the roof. It is just a 4 meter by 10 meter pole barn. So what I am doing is building a new pole barn from the roof down! Kind of backwards I know! The stupid part of the whole scenario is in six months I can replace the roof. That will constitute a repair also but the whole barn will be new.

Sometimes living in Germany is difficult. The problem is my income is not derived from the farm so I don't get any of the agricultural zoning benefits. If I was a real farm then it would be no problem to build what I want on the land.

Comment

I like it BF.
                      Yes we can all see the need for some minor tweaks, but you most of all having used the system will probably see them first.
                      You've got a pretty nice spread there BF, I think we are all a little envious of you. You're definitely a smart boy or you would not be in that video, well maybe as an employee, you'll get it streamlined to your satisfaction.

But like you say, pick your fights well, no sense spending too much time and effort on a project that only gets used lightly, it's not a career, only a tool. Dial it in until you are happy with the performance vs time/money saved using it.
                      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how you made yourself disappear like that. Did you make a special juice mix?

Comment

I only use the mixer on little jobs. Such as setting corner fence posts and such. Anything that needs over ten bags of ready-mix I have a truck deliver it. One has to learn to pick their fights!

As you all saw in the video the small open barn for the ponies is pretty much finished BUT and a big but I am not allowed to tear it completely down and build a new one. If I completely tore it down the German government won't let me build a complete new barn. So the only thing even remotely salvageable is the frame of the roof. It is just a 4 meter by 10 meter pole barn. So what I am doing is building a new pole barn from the roof down! Kind of backwards I know! The stupid part of the whole scenario is in six months I can replace the roof. That will constitute a repair also but the whole barn will be new.

Sometimes living in Germany is difficult. The problem is my income is not derived from the farm so I don't get any of the agricultural zoning benefits. If I was a real farm then it would be no problem to build what I want on the land.
                          I have to rebuild my barn, and the rear wall of it is in bad shape because its a old stone wall and bellying quite badly with some tilt to make things worse (no foundations). I have the same issue, if I take it down and start again, its planning consent and fees/designs etc and it would have to be built with the original stone materials and style which is massively labour intensive. If I make a portal frame inside the original building out of steel's keeping the sick stone wall but taking its load off so it doesnt fall over one day, thats ok. So I'm building a steel portal framed barn with a original exterior stone cladding for the same reasons :-)
                          I'm hoping to not have to touch the actual roof, as that may require abseiling lessons to do the detail work. Its bad enough that I have to one day get up on the ridge to sort flashing out damaged in the high winds...

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                            I like it BF.
                            Yes we can all see the need for some minor tweaks, but you most of all having used the system will probably see them first.
                            You've got a pretty nice spread there BF, I think we are all a little envious of you. You're definitely a smart boy or you would not be in that video, well maybe as an employee, you'll get it streamlined to your satisfaction.

But like you say, pick your fights well, no sense spending too much time and effort on a project that only gets used lightly, it's not a career, only a tool. Dial it in until you are happy with the performance vs time/money saved using it.
                            We really like this part of Germany. Here are a couple of pictures I took this evening while out with my dogs. If you want to see bigger pictures click on the photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X