What material OT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
    Why would someone in Mini-Sota have a statue of a Cowgirl? Is she naked?
    Why would anyone in Mini-Soda have a pool? Is it in an insulate climate controlled building? Or is the swim season three (3) days long?

Comment

I have an off the grid cabin inside the Superior National Forrest in Minnesota. One of the few privately owned properties up there. No statues there. I do have some yard art I welded up but nothing professionally done.
      The statue goes by the swimming pool at my home in Indianapolis.
      We have a good swimming season there, or at least we did.
      It's snowing there today. It may never warm up.
      Bill
      I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

Yeah, I'd go for a hay bale of some sort as shown on the artist's website. Possibly steel or concrete box covered with artificial thatch to mimic a real hay or straw bale.
        Failing that, mock up the rear of a wagon, or depending on the era you're aiming for, the rear of a pickup with the gate down.

Couldn't see the small square in the OP, had to do a search.

Comment

Originally posted by kendall View Post
          Yeah, I'd go for a hay bale of some sort as shown on the artist's website. Possibly steel or concrete box covered with artificial thatch to mimic a real hay or straw bale.
          Failing that, mock up the rear of a wagon, or depending on the era you're aiming for, the rear of a pickup with the gate down.

Couldn't see the small square in the OP, had to do a search.
          Very good ideas!
          Money is the problem. A wagon or truck would probably cost more than the statue. Plus I have limited space for the statue.

Sorry about the little square.
          That's the way Imageshack works.
          Bill

Comment

Buy a pony for the cowgirl....simple.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
              Buy a pony for the cowgirl....simple.
              Then you've got build a barn for the pony, buy feed, hire a stablehand to take care of it, and then keep an eye on the stablehand all the time to make sure he doesn't get busy with the cowgirl...

Comment

Originally posted by dave_r View Post
                Then you've got build a barn for the pony, buy feed, hire a stablehand to take care of it, and then keep an eye on the stablehand all the time to make sure he doesn't get busy with the cowgirl...
                You just described my life!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

get an old stump and an antique mailbox. Sit her on the stump and mount the mailbox to a post nearby. Make it look like she checked the mail and couldn't wait to read the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by kendall View Post
                    get an old stump and an antique mailbox. Sit her on the stump and mount the mailbox to a post nearby. Make it look like she checked the mail and couldn't wait to read the letter.
                    I like that idea.
                    I think you other guys are making fun of my cowgirl.
                    I guess not everyone likes western art.
                    Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X