Welding advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    I was referring to the crater on the tip of the welding rod not a crater in the actual weld. Sorry for the confusion.
    I realized that after it was written but I just didn't bother to delete it.

I usually just dropped partially used rods in the bucket. My welding instructor always said "one bad x-ray will buy a whole lot of rod so don't cheap out". A lot of the rods we used where $100/LB and it was still cheaper to throw rods away then take a chance F#(%!^g up a job with a bad spot in a weld. Working at home where you buy your own rods and the welds are not so critical, 'nother story.

Captain K, at one time it was said that if you failed at everything else you could always be a farmer but times have changed and it isn't a simple job to survive on a farm these days. Takes ability and skill.
    Last edited by loose nut; 04-19-2018, 03:13 PM.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
      Damn Willy, you running for office! You should be serving pancakes to go with all that syrup.
      So this means I can count on your vote?
      Last edited by Willy; 04-20-2018, 02:43 AM. Reason: DUH!
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
        So this means I can count on your vote?
        Willy for President!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X