Carbide inserts on Ebay,beware of Eearmower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbide inserts on Ebay,beware of Eearmower

I was in a hurry back in feb 2018. I ordered carbide inserts from 4 different ebay venders. I allways do this and have had no problems. I orderd a 10 pack of Mitsubishi ccmt32.51 for about$20. I actualyt forgot about them until I needed them.They were never shipped.I messaged seller, no reply. Then I looked closely at the order and saw it had a 2 MONTH DELIVERY. THEN I SAW THE GUY HAD AN 84% RATTING.THEN TO TOP IT ALL OFF THE GUYS EBAY NAME IS ,GET READY, EARMOWER. I feel like a fool. If they were free, I wouldnt order them from someone named EARMOWER Just in time ,I opened a case with Ebay and will get a refund. I find that most people tHAT Deal in shop related item are VERY HONEST,STAY AWAY FROM EARMOWER .Edwin Dirnbeck

I understand the ripoff, and you are rightfully POed, but what's the problem with the name? Maybe it's his real name. Most people can't choose their parents, AFAIK.

Comment

Feedback is the first indicator I review when selecting an item. I seldom buy from any seller below 99%. I also see if there's any negative feedback for the previous 30 days and read some of the comments. It's pretty easy to cull the scammers and brain dead sellers.

I keep separate subfolders in my email handler for Ebay orders, shipped, PayPal and completed. It's pretty easy to move the incoming Ebay notice to the appropriate folder. I look at my orders and match them against shipped items. When I receive the item(s), I move the emails to the completed subfolder. I do the same for Amazon orders but using separate folders.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
        Feedback is the first indicator I review when selecting an item. I seldom buy from any seller below 99%. I also see if there's any negative feedback for the previous 30 days and read some of the comments. It's pretty easy to cull the scammers and brain dead sellers.

I keep separate subfolders in my email handler for Ebay orders, shipped, PayPal and completed. It's pretty easy to move the incoming Ebay notice to the appropriate folder. I look at my orders and match them against shipped items. When I receive the item(s), I move the emails to the completed subfolder. I do the same for Amazon orders but using separate folders.
        Good Idea, but in 15 years of Ebaying,i have only had 3 or 4 problems. Now if it is a $100 item ,I pay close attention. Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Yeah, I pretty much stick with the known sellers for big ticket items. Up next is a Kurt vise. I've got to spend my Ebay Cash-Back coupon before May 2nd, I think. I've been throwing my change in a bucket for a while saving up for the vise.

Comment

Let me get this straight.... you didn’t do your due diligence, Edwin, and this is somehow the fault of the seller? Who flat out said 2 month delivery?

<facepalm>

That you’re now complaining about their username results in:

<double facepalm>

Comment

I pretty much study the page to prevent surprises. Still catches me every no and then.

I hate the ones that show a pair of something ... and the fact you are only getting one was
              actually hard to find.

But lets just hope that an ugly wait is the only consequence
              John Titor, when are you.

Comment

The E in E Armower probably stands for "Edwin."

Look up the English translation of the phrase: "caveat emptor."

Comment

I dont have a problem bidding on items from ever sellers with a low review. If it is not as described I will get my money back via paypal.

Problem with yours is it was as described. JR
                  My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I have had very good results buying the polished inserts designed for aluminium direct from China. I have bought from about three different Chinese sellers on eBay at very low prices. They work on steel too, for light finishing cuts.

Comment

I shop around myself,but when I find a vendor with a product I like I stick with them.
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
                        I have had very good results buying the polished inserts designed for aluminium direct from China. I have bought from about three different Chinese sellers on eBay at very low prices. They work on steel too, for light finishing cuts.
                        ditto, cheap as chips, get a nice surprise in the post 2-3 weeks after I forget I ordered them

Comment

I rarely shop eBay anymore, after getting burned by a seller in Miami and eBay doing absolutely nothing. Now I go direct to China with AliExpress. When using the ePacket shipping system, 90% of the time my orders arrive in 10 to 14 days.
                          Kevin

More tools than sense.

Comment

Originally posted by adatesman View Post
                            Let me get this straight.... you didn’t do your due diligence, Edwin, and this is somehow the fault of the seller? Who flat out said 2 month delivery?

<facepalm>

<double facepalm>
                            Yes that is exactly what happened.I would have overlooked his aggravating name,except for the fact that it is past the delivery date and he doesn't reply to my questions about if it will EVER BE SHIPPED.Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Originally posted by adatesman View Post

<facepalm>

<double facepalm>
                              Yes that is exactly what happened.I would have overlooked his aggravating name,except for the fact that it is past the delivery date and he doesn't reply to my questions about if it will EVER BE SHIPPED.Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

Working...
                              X